Will the Chief Justice even show up?

Not that don’t think he’ll do it anyway mind you. But he won’t be following the constitution if he does, because you know, shall preside when the President is tried.

1 Like

I don’t do wacked out magical conspiracy thinking like in the OP.

1 Like

Your problem is, anyone reading this thread can read, and so they will know when the chief justice shall preside, when a President is tried, say it with me, it’s fun and catchy.

Trump will be on the border today. Do you think he will make a run for it?

1 Like

I believe it is. Do you believe the Founding Fathers would approve, or even foresaw, the House impeaching any President with no discussion, and with the stated intent to get rid of a future political foe? Intent and motive should matter.

2 Likes

If Impeachment is voted on then the Senate takes up the trial and Justice Roberts will preside.

A magical reading of “oopsie he is already out of office” doesn’t matter.

1 Like

Do you believe the founding fathers foresaw supporters of a losing candidate trying to take over the Capitol?

Why? .

I don’t think that the Founding Fathers envisioned a man like Donald Trump… but here we are.

Because it is magical reading of how things work.

It is akin to Sovereign Citizens objecting to gold trimmed flags in a court.

It’s in the constitution. Just like Mike pence opening and counting the ballots.

Allan

The motive for every single impeachment is exactly the same; removal

He was POTUS when impeached.

Allan

He did not try to take over the Capitol. What are you trying to incite here? :wink:

2 Likes

Nope sorry, you don’t get to ignore what the constitution says, when shall he preside again? I forget.

True. Your whacked out magical conspiracies are ridiculous and have no basis in reality. My questions are typically well thought and sharp. Thanks for noticing!
:+1:

Okay fine.

President Trump sues to not be impeached. ( Slight correction. He will have already been impeached. The trial in the Senate will likely happen after he has left office)

He is then slapped down by the court because they live in this reality.

What’s next?

Are you willing to stand behind your opinion? A 1 month signature bet on whether he presides over the 2nd impeachment of Trump or not?

Is your premise that if he does show up as required by law, it is because he conspiring with Pelosi?

Let’s see how it goes. My intent was to start a conversation around this and see if it takes off. Maybe yes, Maybe no. I hope it does.