Will the Chief Justice even show up?

So Pelosi want’s to impeach Trump a few months after he leaves office? If I’m not mistaken, the Chief Justice of SCOTUS oversees impeachment. So is Roberts willing to become Pelosi’s tool? To be part of a show that is only an attempt to satisfy The democrats crazed hate for Trump? Roberts may have other plans in the spring. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Is Roberts willing to do his job? I certainly hope so.

1 Like

It is not his job to satisfy democrats lust for revenge.

1 Like

He doesn’t really have a choice.

If there is an impeachment hearing then he is required to be there. There is no requirement for him to agree to the proceedings in order to show up

3 Likes

If we’ve learned anything about Chief Justice Roberts over the years, it’s that he goes out of his way to avoid any media scrutiny - especially in his decisions.

1 Like

We’ve also learned that Supreme Court justices tend to follow the law.

The constitution gave congress the power to impeach Presidents and the chief justice the power to oversee the impeachment of Presidents, not former Presidents. He should show up, say that and bang the gavel.

3 Likes

He will be impeached as a sitting President

The only reason I could think of for Roberts to not show up would be MAGA threats.

Funny thing that.

Try reading the constitution

Article one, section 3

When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside

When who is tried? They even made it rhyme to help the feeble minded remember it lol

According to whom? I’m going to let him decide. Pelosi cannot order him do do something that he believes is not a constitutional obligation. There is no precedent for removing someone from office who is no longer in office. It is stupid to assume the the SCOTUS will go along with this temper tantrum. Maybe they will. Maybe they will not.

The Constitution. It’s not his decision to make

Yes there is

Nope, already showed that one to be false, where did I put my my disinfo stickers? When shall he preside, when the President is tried. Does that help?

Then you need to think harder. You’re hatred is blinding you. Your effort is feeble. Try harder.

What if this type of impeachment is unconstitutional? What is the motive?

1 Like

When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside

Notice it does not say “Former President of the United States?”

It’s not.