Will Mitch follow his own standards?

I do agree with you.
Who wooda thought we have so much in common.

The 17th Amendment needs to be repealed.

JWK

Trying to ram through a SCOTUS pick 45 days before the election will be disastrous for Trump and the republicans. The American people saw the treatment Garland received. If they do this their hypocrisy will be laid bare. Trump is already behind in the election and doing this will energize the democratic base even more.

I can live with Senate as it is but the House…?
Can’t that be cut down by 2/3.
Plus a pension and security cost after they leave…talk about waste.

2 Likes

I would rather a new Amendment that made the number of Senators proportionate with a state"s population. Hahaha. That would really “trigger” conservatives. Of course that has about as much chance of happening as repealing the 17th!!!

Of course – for whatever seat comes vacant after the election.

In a fair election, I believe Trump would win. But I strongly believe that the DEMs will find the necessary mail in votes, in the battleground states run by DEMs, to ensure a Biden victory.

1 Like

Sorry, no corruption, perfectly legal.

Well a corrupt “victory” by them is possible. I will concede that.

1 Like

I’m thinking seriously about doing exactly that. I live in a blue state that embraces mail in voting. My vote will be meaningless.

Garland situation was a different story, if you read back here there is an explanation on that. There was no Senate confirming appointment of a different party President in the last 140 years or so. Senate was ok with Garland refusal.
Funny how Democrats always ask to change what’s customary when it benefits them.
And Democrats are motivated and energized to the tilt right now. Another kick in the but by Trump will do nothing more to inspire already mad Democrats. As long as independants understand what’s proper in this case all is good.

Something can be technically legal and still be corrupt. However, IF Trump and McConnell seat a new justice before the election it will only help Biden’s turnout and the bigger the turnout the more likely it is Biden wins.

I believe it is likely. I look back on many very close congressional elections over the last several decades and in every close election where DEMs were in control, they always seemed to find just enough votes to push them over the top.

In 2016, approximately 80,000 votes were the difference in the key battleground states. With the mail in voting this year, that is peanuts - easily overcome by corrupt officials in positions of power.

2 Likes

Lol, if Trump manages to seat a conservative Justice, locking in a conservative dominated court for a generation, his base is going to be eternally grateful and would crawl through broken glass to get to the polls.

1 Like

Ahhh but they won’t be able to overcome the mail in voting corruption that will run rampant in the 2020 election. :wink:

You people like the popular vote winn so it’s not meaningless.

Not following??? :confused:

"The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.”
February 2016 - Mitch McConnell

You said you live in a blue state so you’ll stay home because your vote is meaningless so I say don’t stay home, vote to add to the popular vote your vote is needed for.

Very different circumstances. Really. :wink: