Will Mitch follow his own standards?

You assume independent voters would be outraged if Trump selected a qualified conservative judge to nominate for this position. I do not assume that.

1 Like

Your comparison of an “enraged” Democrat base to a republican base that can’t say “ no” to their leaders is telling,

Enraged? Really???

I see someone still hasn’t figured Trump out. :wink:

Also we have secret weapon…and you know what that is?

Libs anger and their violent nature of destroying things. They will play right into Trump hands once again. :wink:

2 Likes

Isn’t that cute…a lib telling us all about standards.

:crazy_face:

5 Likes

I love red meat. Actually I love steak tartare and steak cooked quickly on a grill or flat top, flipped, and, hit to keep it from twitching.

God bless Senator Mcconnell and the conservative senators.

Letterman joke writers abound.

1 Like

God bless our President. Power to the people.

How can Mitch move forward? As I understand President Trump has to nominate a candidate before Mitch can confirm.

Trump may disagree with you. We will see what happens. I don’t think trump is gonna want this fight.

Yup…he knows how to play them. And they will play right into his hands.

Who is engaged? :popcorn:

Mitch legs are already running…just waiting to hit the ground.

1 Like

What fight are you talking about.

What happens if Lindsey Graham balks at putting a nominee through the Judiciary Committee? He’s said many times in the past he wouldn’t do it before the election…

People hating McConnell don’t seem to remember how Harry Reid ran the Senate, he wouldn’t have hesitated for a millisecond to put in a new judge, neither will McConnell. I can only imagine after the prolonged impeachment drama that they will do this as fast as possible smiling the whole way.

2 Likes

So McConnell is waddling on a directionless treadmill. I don’t think McConnell can proceed without President Trump naming a candidate. President Trump might be calculating that he has a stronger hand for re-election if he can promise a nominee after the election than if he gets a nominee pushed through before the election. After 4 years of watching President Trump destroy the GOP for his personal gain I wouldn’t be as giddy as some Trump fans.

2 Likes

Precisely…they’re not going to allow themselves to be Kavanaugh. I predict they’re going to move so ■■■■■■■ fast that it ill make libs head spin.

Mitch is burning through the phones as we speak.

He can’t but Mitch is gonna was yah this. He views his legacy as the court that he leaves behind.

He denied judges under Obama just to get the same judges approved of Nader an R admin. There is no doubt that judges have been McConnell’s priority.

He’s a dog with a bone. Can Trump take the bone away?

Schumer will use every parliamentary tool he can come up with to stretch this as long as possible - up to and including impeachment proceedings against someone like Barr.

Trump only has 45 days - days that will involve keeping vulnerable Senators in DC and off the campaign trail.

1 Like

Trump will drop a name. Amy Barrett will no doubt be the pick IMO. But before Trump announces her name Mitch will have the senate go ahead.

There are to many good reasons to pick Barrett…I’m sure you know them.

Not my preferred pick but hey…sometime you have to play your ace.