Will Mitch follow his own standards?

There can only be one King. According to AG Barr President Trump can do anything he wants, for 4 more months.

So far McConnell has not been able to shut up his own defecting senators Collins, Grasley, and Murkowski.

Cue the #me too movement and handmaiden ladies in red.

3 Likes

Collins already lost her seat.

2 Likes

One King. I understand that.

Mitch is never going to be King. The best He can food to claim that he structured our court system. It’s something important to him. I don’t think he is asses on this… easily.

There are two scenarios I see as plausible, at this point.

Either Trump will play these cards now - as in, he’ll announce Barrett tomorrow - or he’ll wait until after the election.

If he wants the confirmation before election day, it’ll be announced tomorrow, or the day after. Otherwise, he wants to keep it until after the election, and keep it as a wedge for the election.

You guys do see the political advantage that Amy Barrett will bring.

I don’t understand “can food to claim” or “he is asses on this” and I agree the SCOTUS is very important to McConnell, but I still think nothing moves forward without President Trump’s nomination, and I don’t know if President Trump thinks the SCOTUS is very important to him.

If it’s before election day, she might vote no as a hail mary.

But she’ll probably go for it in a lame-duck session.

Oh Trump know very well the importance of SCOTUS. It’;s his legacy.

Barrett would be a logical nominee

I already know you believe that. I am unconvinced

80% chance it’s Barrett, 20% it’s some complete clown shoes pick like Ted Cruz.

I think she will vote yes before the election if writing is on the wall…with a promise of life after being a senator. :wink:

Oh no. lol

2 Likes

Depends. She’d have to commit now, but this is the sort of issue that could theoretically provide her with a path to victory.

The odds are against her - but politics is about playing the odds.

But you could very well be right.

The world is constantly changing, all the time.

While we currently live in a post-truth reality, I have hope that eventually, we will normalize again - and people will once again care about hypocrisy, and that sort of thing.

Spare me. If the shoe was on the other foot everyone knows how it would go. Either party will stop a SCOTUS nomination from the other party if they have the power to do so and they will seat their own if they can. Those are the real standards and everyone knows it.

7 Likes

Why would he take the bone away? Because of the kindness shown by the democrats since he took office? If you were accused of peeing on prostitutes, ran through a three year investigation and impeached, it’s doubtful they would make your Christmas party list. The president doesn’t owe the democrats in power anything the way he has been treated by both congress and the media since he became president.

2 Likes

Norm Macdonald Hypocrisy - Foul language warning