Will Mitch follow his own standards?

Ahh I see what you’re talking about. But highly unlikely IMO.

Will see just how much influence Mitch has. :wink:

Could you imagine this happening every time the majority shifts parties? I wonder if there’s a limit to how many times that can happen? :thinking:

1 Like

I started a thread long time ago…have to check if it was on this forum that Trump should have increased the courts. Of course you can imagine how the left here reacted. :smile:

I’ll have to check if it was this forum.

I oppose increasing the size of the court on principle. In fact, I support reducing it to 7 Justices. This could be done by passing legislation abolishing Ginsburg’s seat and the seat of the next Justice to die or retire.

At the same time, I recognize political reality. There will simply be zero tolerance for any chance that Planned Parenthood v Casey and other decision are overturned. Democrats will not be able to say no to an enraged base. Any more than Republicans say no to their base when it becomes enraged.

2 Likes

I could definitely get on board with that. I’d also like to see an age limit.

2 Likes

Of course they will put in a judge, in this world of hyperpartisan Game of Thrones style politics and after 3 years of investigations and an impeachment of the President I would imagine they will not give it a second thought for some payback.

My heart goes out for Ruth and her family. May Ruth rest in peace. She was a good justice and I liked her.

In saying that, I definitely want to see her vacated position filled BEFORE the election. More power to the Senate do their job

I do not care if some are disappointed.

Power to the people. God bless the United States of America.

I remember that conversation…

1 Like

Waiting months and months for Scalia’s seat but mere days for Ginsburg’s seat is the height of partisanship.

1 Like

Have the Democrats played fair with Trump? Three years of accusing him of collusion with Russia without any evidence. An impeachment based on pure hatred. The speaker of the House tears up his State of the Union speech on television to the satisfaction of Democrats.
And they expect Trump to play fair and not nominate to this position? Well, no.

4 Likes

Say you were opposed to what happened in 2016.

I agree that when ones age becomes a factor, time to move on. If Biden becomes president and when his deminished capacity is proven, he should be removed from office. Also congressonal term limit should be instituted.

Say I was.

That appears to be what many many leftists are hoping for. It’s all so sad.

2 Likes

That court seat should have been opene…

nope…waiting 24 hours.

That is noted I put it on my calendar.

This is all red meat for McConnell. His priorities, maybe even his whole existence has been about Judges. This goes back at least 6 years when he was denying Obama judges. Just so he could possibly appoint them during the next president.

This is like a wet dream for Mitch. He can’t contain himself. There is a problem, though.

Mitch can push this forward an create a positive message for his base in Kentucky. Trump doesn’t have that luxury. Trump needs independent voters he will lose those people ,just to firm up his base?. I don’t see trump agreeing to this.

Mitch will want this more than Trump. It will be interesting to see if Mitch decides to move forward. Without Trump.

1 Like

Yes very sad. It is really the Harris Sanders administration.

Like Mitch McConnell has standards. He chose the Republican Party. That tells you his standards.

1 Like