Why would Satan incite the people?

Does watching a drunk or drug addict vomit and sleep in a gutter teach you anything?

Yes. Babies haven’t seen that, have they?

So is your point that God is a benevolent dictator for his earthly subjects but is a tyrant to his subjects in Heaven?

It is not OUR prerogative to take life except in certain circumstances. The circumstances where we may take life are not things that God would choose for us. War, for example or executing criminals. These two things are our own doing. Killing an unborn child for the simple convenience of the woman is not acceptable reason. I will grant that child goes to Heaven, but as God is the only being that can create or restore life, it is his prerogative to decide when someone goes, not ours.

Jesus said, “I go to prepare a place for you…” Why isn’t knowing there is a place for you enough?

Personally, I suspect that due to the number of videos and Power Point presentations I view in the course of my job, I might be a little jaded about that means of communication. :wink:

Not at all. Absolutely no one in Heaven got there by force. We will have not only a body, but the same nature that Adam and Eve had in Eden. Two big differences though. First, Satan is out of the picture entirely. He and all his followers are in Hell so there is not going to be any temptations in Heaven and second, all of the redeemed, plus all the angels will know God was right.

I don’t know how old you are or if you have kids but do you think parents make rules for their children out of love or tyranny?

Have you considered that maybe the purpose goes beyond the individual baby? Maybe a babies death is for other people to learn something?

Why not just create humans in the model of how we end up in Heaven? No temptations. No Satan.

Ok. But we are talking about the baby learning about the perils of sin. If they die at 6 weeks, 6 months, 18 months or even 24 months…how would they have learned the perils of sin?

Maybe, after their death they get to watch you and me live our lives, and to watch the abortionists that killed them live their lives, and godly people living their lives. Do you think they would learn anything about the differences between living Jesus’s way and living selfishly from that?

Sure. Why not just create the movies and show them to every human and we all forgo earth and just live in Heaven?

That way even more people end up in Heaven which is a goal, right? To save as many as possible?

Showing movies? Really? You think kids who haven’t seen murder and rape are turned OFF those by watching movies of those things. Really?

And you really do believe you could play God better than God, don’t you?

Movies as in actual movies of actual events. You are the one who proposed babies could watch humans and learn from our mistakes. Now you’re saying they can’t?

How would a baby process that information?

Or, He could just poof the knowledge into our heads and let everybody in.

What kind of God creates heaven, throws out vague information on it, deliberately creates evil to tempt us knowing full well over half of His children will not be allowed in and be tortured for eternity?

He seems like a bit of a jerk to me.

1 Like

Why would they watch movies of actual events when they could watch actual events? Watching your mother who aborted you deal with the fallout in real time is far more likely to inform your later attitudes than watching a movie you are told is a documentary. In fact, if God showed you a documentary, you would most likely accuse him of presenting propaganda to manipulate you and still find objections to submitting your will to his wisdom concerning sin.

Also, I don’t think growth and learning stop at physical death

Perhaps he’s complaining about thousands of innocent women raped every day, thousands of innocent kids kidnapped and sold into sex slavery…

By men who could easily be stopped by God (if he existed and cared) showing himself and putting the “holy spirit” into them - which is the only way people can be turned to God. If God doesn’t do that, they stay evil.

So God is responsible for all evil (as opposed to ‘good’ and ‘bad’) in the world.

That displays very simplistic linear thinking. God, in creating the possibility of learning love created the potential for evil. Just like the man who invented the first computer, created the possibility of a dark web. By your reckoning, the inventor of the computer is culpable for all the abusive uses to which his invention has been put. That is not a reasonable stance to take.

Before God created the possibility of men devising evil, one of the comm-unity of the Godhead committed to sacrificing Himself to provide a perpetual pathway to forgiveness with justice. Any evil that remains un-healed at any time, is not His fault, but the fault of those humans who have not availed themselves of the pathway provided.

That’s exactly what God did with Adam and Eve, created them how we end up in Heaven. But human beings aren’t God’s only creation. He created the angels first.

When Lucifer rebelled, he had managed to persuade 1/3 of the angels to join his rebellion. Ultimately they were cast down to earth.

Why didn’t God destroy them instead? Because Lucifer believed that he should rule. That obedience to God could be cast aside. That he could decide for himself (and his followers) what was best. How do you think the remaining 2/3 of the angels would have reacted if God had destroyed Lucifer and his followers? Do you think they might have some fear of God or lingering doubts about what Lucifer had been saying? Could Lucifer have been right? Is God really just a tyrant forcing worship upon us? How does God answer these questions and remove doubt without using force, thus proving the accusation?

He’s done so by allowing the results of self rule to play out on Earth. Every misery of man has been because like Lucifer, Adam and Eve chose self rule over obedience to God. They literally had everything. Their only job was tending Eden. They wanted for nothing and had nothing to fear. God is trying to restore what was lost in Eden, but that must be our choice as individuals because we see the results of man’s rule, not because God created robots unable to think. As you admitted, you wouldn’t like being a robot, and unlike earthly rulers, God doesn’t want a kingdom of robots either. He wants to be with people who chose freely to be with him. Anyone who doesn’t want him is free to make that choice too.

I can’t help that you find the destination of unbelievers offensive. I wonder why you do so. Seems to me if you don’t believe then you have nothing to worry about and can just ignore believers and think us nuts. But Jesus said that will not be the case because Satan is the father of all unbelievers and Satan hates Christ. Therefore, Satan will hate Christ’s creation (man) and do everything in his power to destroy and deceive us and get us to reject Christ. Sadly, he’s been very effective in his mission. Christians are not just ignored or ridiculed, but hated, and many have faced outright persecution unto death. That time is going to end soon…

1 Like

How familiar are you with the story of King David? His life exemplifies the consequences of the worst of sins, yet he was still beloved of God and was redeemed. Read about his family, including the death of his baby who was the result of his murder and subsequent adulterous relationship with Bathsheba. See if you learn anything…