Why we need to be worried about America's "best and brightest"

Why university?

Credibility? Connections…

Plus no computer science major is going JUST to learn Ruby, PHP, Python, GO, etc. they are creating new languages or repurposes current frameworks / languages for new problems.

You aren’t doing that.

True…

What’s that suppose to mean?

Very true, I’ve also coded many other silly toys and useful wonders with a host of other languages and tools. Made lots of money here and there for my efforts too.

I’d hate to be that sucker who wasted time and money when he could’ve been making bank instead. :rofl:

It’s supposed to be a hateful comment towards the community and the posters that reside here. I just scroll past him.

I’ll throw a name out for you.

Leonardo da Vinci

Oh another name, Mark Twain.

Absolutely not.

educated does not equal intelligent either

1 Like

But you aren’t making the bank that those CS majors are when they leave to work at Facebook, Google, Amazon, Apple, Netflix etc.

A new grad SDE is making 200k+ with those companies straight out of college.

It’s the credibility and connections that university gives. That’s really what they are paying for.

They aren’t producing the best farmers or plumbers… I agree. But Software Developers? Entrepreneurs? You betcha.

It’s the connections

:rofl: Thank you.

1 Like

the most brilliant are still produced in Crayola factories

I personally know a billionaire that never went to College…and he didn’t have his fathers money.

I don’t have a single penny worth of debt either. :sunglasses:

Isnt it great how you can say something happened after something else and you don’t have to prove a causal relationship?

Maybe, maybe not.

It sure beats not wearing a helmet.

It like a football helmet, will injuries occur, most certainly but imagine football players without helmets.

Allan

They exist… no doubt.

Exception not rule.

And it doesn’t take long for them to get rid of their debt when they are making a quarter of a million dollars a year at 23. :wink:

Their net worth needs to also be considered.

Anyway… most coding can be learned on khan and other like websites… but it’s rarely going to get into a high paying tech job.

Meh, didn’t take me much longer. I was financially retired after an epic world adventure by the age of 31, and I didn’t even have to waste my time and money in college.

I did get a degree though, since the government paid ME to go. :rofl:

1 Like