Why The Upcoming Raids Will Be a Disaster: ICE is Dangerously Inaccurate

It’s not the first time!

No, the cost of ignoring our laws is the result.

1 Like

If the article is true I can see why so many Democrats have been saying that ICE should be replaced with a better agency. And instead of taking a close look at what is going on Republicans use these complaints to push their talking point of all Democrats want open borders.
If Trump does pull the trigger on this deal on Sunday I think he is making a huge political mistake.
Trump has said in the past that Hispanic Citizens are on his side when it comes to removing Illegals.
However today I have been listening to some Hispanic folks who say that the optics of this procedure might go sideways for Trump.
First of all these raids are talking ICE away from it’s primary purpose which is to catch illegals who have committed crimes.
Second, if it is true that the majority of those who they are going after are part of families and illegal parents get separated from their citizen children, it will be all over the news.
The Hispanic folks that I was listening to said that they believe that the vast majority of the people being targeted are law abiding, hard working people.
There have been quite a few articles recently about Trump gaining points with Hispanic voters. This move will go over well with his base. But does he risk depleting his Hispanic voter base. I think it is a good possibility.

1 Like

I am all for taking extra precautions that innocent people are not caught or punished or sent to another country.
I hope no one suggests that no laws should ever be enforced because of that possibility.
Congress should certainly work with the executive to increase funding or appoint more judges or whatever other steps could be taken to prevent that from happening.
In the case of immigration laws, it would greatly help if states and local authorities would work with the Federal government to see that proper steps for enforcement of our laws are taken.
In the mean time…we cannot just forget about enforcing our laws.

1 Like

Agreed… I have no problem removing them from the country in a well thought out way that protects the rights of citizens of this country. It’s much more effective to methodically make individual arrests based on priorities rather than grandiose operations like these. This is all for PR and has many potential bad outcomes for the president.

In your opinion, do these types of grandiose operations provide these extra precautions?

Could you direct us to the statute that says their primary purpose is to catch illegals who have committed crimes?

And PS…states that refuse to assist in identifying or holding criminals for ICE make it harder for ICE to concentrate on that…if that is what they should do.

I don’t remember anyone ever suggesting that. Should we just eliminate the fourth amendment requirement for search warrants in the name of pursuing justice too? Kind of seems backwards to me.

How about this one?

Republicans’ embrace of Proposition 187 has been cited as a key factor for the decline of the Republican Party in California, particularly as the demographics have changed to include more immigrants.

Why are we talking about illegal immigrants when the article was about people, who are citizens, that got arrested for being in the country without citizenship or authorization?

The only response I see to the article is: bUT tHe iLleGalS!!!

That’s not the topic though.

4 Likes

Ok. I agree. American citizens should not be sent to foreign countries.

https://www.ice.gov/overview

As one of the country’s premier federal law enforcement agencies, ICE is dedicated to detecting and dismantling transnational criminal networks that target the American people and threaten our industries, organizations and financial systems. Combating cross-border criminal activity is the largest single area of responsibility of HSI, and is a critical component of the overall safety, security, and well-being of our nation.

2 Likes

There is a whole thread on it…I’m sure you can find your answers there.

The people being targeted have already had their day in court and already have deportation orders. They will now execute those orders. I fail to see a violation of anyone’s rights.

Follow the established procedure? What’s changed that suddenly citizens are being deported along with illegals?

This was ICE under Bill Clinton’s Administration saving the country from a 5 year old cuban boy asylum seeker refugee whose own mother lost her life on their journey to freedom. His commie dad was still in Cuba but the boy had plenty of relatives in Miami but it didn’t matter he still got an assault rifle pointed at his face and was sent back to become a good commie himself.

Now granted there may be many who don’t know anything about Elian Gonzalez but there are plenty of lying sacks of Democrat Dung in Congress who do know how radically different their policies are from the time of a single miracle child who survived hanging on to a piece of wood to the MILLIONS of illegals and asylum frauds invading our southern who are now welcomed by the same pols that terrified that child.

Lord :pray: it looks like the Elian mircle was about 25 years too soon. :cry:

Why are some people wrongly convicted of a crime they didn’t commit? Is that the exception or the norm?

Better to lock up 99 innocent people than let 1 guilty person go free. Or something.

Huh???

This is going to be GREAT!

1 Like