Why The Upcoming Raids Will Be a Disaster: ICE is Dangerously Inaccurate

Was based on a falsified birth certificate.

He was when I had posted that which was also before the other thread was created but whatever.

My mistake he didn’t have that on him, they found it in the system after he gave them the falsified birth certificate. Seems reasonable to detain him based on that conflicting information and a falsified birth certificate.

Now he says he’s going to sue, what a world. When it comes out his mother is here illegally in court, she should be sent back to Mexico, would serve him right.

Where did you see that?

You didn’t read his mother gave a fake name on his birth certificate?

from https://www.dallasnews.com/news/immigration/2019/07/23/francisco-galicia-us-citizen-held-cbp-ice-three-weeks-released

The problem was that she wasn’t listed as Francisco’s mother on his birth certificate because she was using a fake ID when she was living and working in Dallas. Parkland staff used the name on that ID on the birth certificate.

If he wants to sue someone, he should sue his mommy.

He’s an American citizen who was locked up without due process for three weeks. It doesn’t take three weeks to verify someone’s citizenship. I think the only reason he was released was his story made the press.

Yeah, he should sue the ■■■■ out of them.

He wasn’t locked up, he could have voluntarily left custody any time he chose, just not into the US. And I have seen no evidence he was not given due process, to the contrary, that it was eventually cleared up would seem to indicate he was given due process. He is of course free to sue, but he’ll most likely lose.

Then he was locked up. He’s a US citizen, not a Mexican citizen. He would have been an illegal immigrant in Mexico or any other country unless they gave him asylum.

It’s difficult to beat the government in court, but they’ll probably settle because it’s cheaper.

He is a high school student in Edinburg, TX and a well known student athlete there. Are you now agreeing that it’s very unlikely that he crossed the border on his trip to north Texas for a soccer tournament?

Did he falsify the birth certificate? Was the city and state of birth falsified on his birth certificate?

Is it really technically legal for a us citizen to travel within the confine of a us state without having a passport, a birth certificate, and a state ID on him ?

Depends on skin color and geography…

1 Like

No, I didn’t see that. Thank you.

I withdraw my objection to his detention.

His mother committed a crime, however, it doesn’t change the fact that he is a us citizen by location of birth.

I didn’t have an objection to the detention itself. The detention lasting three weeks, without access to a phone or lawyer, is the issue I have. Also, I don’t think they had any intention to release him before the story broke. He was just a cog in the machine. This was not an illegal immigrant. This man is an American, and should be treated as such.

1 Like

I agree about the phone and the lawyer.

This man was not American. He is now.

Yes it does. She falsified documents, making it not a fact.

The hospital staff certify where the birth occurred, not the mother, when they register the birth with TER.

https://www.dshs.texas.gov/vs/field/docs/Birth-Registration-Handbook.pdf

We’ll just have to disagree on that one. He was American for 18 years until one border patrol guard decided that he may not be? It’s okay to say the government screwed up. The government is made of people and they make mistakes.

His mother didn’t help the matter by being an idiot either.