Why the Senate impeachment Trial will be Short

We are all wondering how McConnell will treat impeachment. One of the main factors at play is that senators are not allowed to campaign during a trial and must take part as jurors. That would effectively sideline two of the most important candidates- Warren and Sanders.

But that would allow for Biden and Buttigieg to continue to campaign and effectively get a leg up on their opponents, especially if the trial lasts a long time. Biden/Buttigieg represent the more centrist wing of the Dem party and are seen as more electable than the Lefty candidates.

Because of that I think McConnell will make the trial short so as to not aid Biden/Buttigieg. What say you?

Makes sense, since Trump is more scared of Biden than anyone else.

He shouldn’t even have a trial. Just dismiss it out of hand. ■■■■ them.

1 Like

I’m sure there are a lot of deliberations about how to do the trial. Some folks want to turn it into a circus and try and get Schiff, Hunter and the Whistleblower to appear as a way to turn the whole thing into a circus. But I’m pretty certain that would backfire on the GOP and that cooler heads will prevail.

I’m guessing McConnell doesn’t allow this to go on beyond a few weeks and that no GOP members will vote for conviction.

Can’t.

Yes, and Because Trump didn’t do anything. Dems are lost on conspiracy theories. Which is great~!

1 Like

Sure they can. Just bring it up and have the vote.

Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) announced on Wednesday to reporters that there will not be a quick dismissal of Trump impeachment articles. There will be a trial.

“I don’t think there’s any question that we have to take up the matter. The rules of impeachment are very clear, we’ll have to have a trial. My own view is that we should give people the opportunity to put the case on.”

I wonder if we’re seeing a little bit of a shift away from being Trump’s lap dogs…Lindsey actually says it was Russia and not Ukraine that interfered in the election, surprisingly for him.

No shift away. Sometimes you just gotta admit that the sky on a clear day is blue before going back to providing cover for your favorite con man, adjudicated fraudster, and carnival barker.

Lol, I’m sure that’s it. It was a nice dream while it lasted though.

Nah…Lindsey occasionally pretends he has a spine while then going full lap dog.

1 Like

Allow Biden to get “a leg up!” That was funny.

I’ve been noticing this trend to paint Biden as some kind of weird molester- when Trump literally said that he can grab women by the ■■■■■ and you can get away with it and they like it. And I won’t even get into his Beauty Pageant creepiness.

But somehow Trumpers loooove that stuff.

3 Likes

The whole impeachment fiasco is a circus already. What do you mean, “turn it into…” ??

4 Likes

Nah- history will not be kind to Trump. The evidence of his malfeasance is overwhelming and really a slam dunk- even if the Senate cow tows to the Base.

4 Likes

That was my thought too.

Turning Biden into a campaign juggernaut while pretending he was never VP.

Obama seems to want to pretend he was never his VP so maybe not so crazy.

:man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I keep seeing this and it doesn’t age well.

There is ZERO actual evidence.

It was a perfect call!

I would not say perfect.

I would say it wasn’t problematic.

Biden asked for the scrutiny by bragging about ousting Shokin.