Why the immigration problem will never be solved

Yeah, it’s great, the Western world is turning back towards fascism.

…are you being serious?

You’d be surprised how many right wing internet stars used to post here. This was the busiest conservative forum on the internet for a long time.

2 Likes

Land of Fanged Noumena is a good writer. The ‘dark enlightenment’, where he comes under Yarvin’s influence, is well written, because Land is a good writer, but it’s pretty obvious at the point of the essay that he’s ridden the post-critique nihilism all the way to embracing race realism and hierarchy because nothing else is not boring.

I honestly think Land’s trajectory is the common one: it makes all the ■■■■■■ everyday chores into preludes to apocalypse and the faux negentropy of the new world that will arise after the acceleration.

1 Like

Yes. He ate a ban for being Mencius Moldbug. For a long time, I harbored suspicions that Mr M was him in redux, because wit and style. But, I dunno.

Crazy. I was here back in the day. Do you remember any of the user names?

Or is this a forbidden subject?

Don’t really remember. But there was a time here when right wing commentators would float their trial balloons on Hannityland to see how it went over and how liberals shot back. Ross Douthat. SE Cupp. Rand Paul’s ghostwriter the Southern Avenger. A dude I’m ninety percent convinced was Ben Shapiro.

I might be remembering this wrong, but Douthat got caught out, because style.

Mr. M being Mencius Moldbug makes a lot of sense too.

1 Like

Ah. I do seem to remember some of that. And since I came back, I have noticed that a lot of posters are gone.

These days it seems like there are only about three dozen regular posters.

Damn, I can’t believe I missed that. If only I had known about this place during the Bush years.

1 Like

I came here in late ‘07 early ‘08 and it was ■■■■■■■ wild bro.

To keep all this germaine to the topic, it’s Yarvin who helped Thiel and Bannon ‘see the light’ on destroying ‘the Cathedral’ from within.

I think their relentless focus on democracy failing the western culture is, politically speaking, exactly the poison pill to do the trick. If the unresolvable tension is between a cluster of property, nation, monoculture, power and its ‘opposing’ cluster of democracy, free movement, multiculture, commons then, given how people do anxiety and fear, the groups included under ‘the West’ will start to abandon democracy and its controls on accumulation in favor of reaction and defensive aggression.

Wasn’t Thiel already taking like a loon in like 2004?

but all those illegal would start paying taxes and such.

Thiel and Yarvin have been friends since the 90s.

That explains a lot.

But, yes. Thiel is the early adopter of ‘democracy betrays freedom’.

Rather than project about what others might thing/do, maybe you can comment on whether or not you could get behind something like this.

Focus. Stay on topic.

Thanks.