Why the immigration problem will never be solved

Are you talking about Italy? A ■■■■ hole county with corrupt criminal leaders?

Also, why would your grandfather have to wait six years when the Johnson Act restricting European immigration wasn’t passed until like 1925? You just had to show up before that, as long as you were white-ish.

1 Like

Conservatives are openly talking great replacement theory. There is no compromise. Their position is keep America white.

3 Likes

I’m not one of those people.

I don’t care about race. At all.

For me, it’s solely about the cost of illegal immigration and the flagrant violation of the law.

I’m willing to compromise because it would solve my two issues with it.

Tucker Carlson is openly talking like a neo Nazi. Charlie Kirk is saying we need a deputized citizen’s force on the border to protect white demographics (“we’re saying that part out loud now.”). This is just in the last couple days.

Ain’t no conversation on immigration to be had with conservatives that doesn’t invoke keeping America white.

3 Likes

You believe all conservatives feel that way about it?

We had a compromise in the late 1980s. There was a general amnesty and in return our immigration laws were to be rigorously enforced. Everybody stayed, and where we are now makes it clear what happened to the other part of that agreement.
Compromise is pointless. You either enforce immigration laws or you don’t.

2 Likes

My grandfather emigrated in 1906. His “race” on his documents is listed as “Southern Italian” and yes, they were discriminated against.

The majority.

I’m not sure what else they have to do before you’d believe that? It’s never been just about illegal immigrants. It’s all immigrants. That’s why when Trump hamstrung the legal immigration process they all cheered, every single time.

It’s not pleasant but this is where we are now. Almost every American conservative thought leader is openly saying it or just not saying “white” when they talk about demographics.

1 Like

There were almost no rules at time beyond show up. The Johnson Act wouldn’t be passed for twenty years. My great grandfather caught a boat from Italy to Canada to escape Mussolini years later, walked across the border and they still made him a citizen as soon as he asked.

I used to teach a course to high school seniors in energy resources. My duties have changed. Nevertheless, we did some calculations. But the background is this. Most global transportation is petroleum based. That’s the first part. Electricity generation is still mostly coal based. With a growing natural gas component, etc. Wind and solar is still down the list. Fossil fuels still rule the world. But like I said, we used to do these calculations. For example, if the electrical needs of the United States were base entirely on nuclear energy, how many nuclear reactors (pick your average output) would we need to build to meet that capacity? These type of calculations is what we did all semester. The results were staggering.

Then, consider rare earth elements. And how about this: Fresh water, soil degradation, fish populations, and the list goes on and on.

1 Like

That is the conundrum. The resources are limited. The only positive news is that the human population may start to contract by 2100. Which would help a lot.

That said, I’ve always been convinced that one day we will fight a global nuclear war. Which wouldn’t exterminate us as a species, but it would certainly drop the population down by more than 2/3rds and back to a medieval standard of living… well medieval with left over modern firearms and some technology being salvaged.

Many do, and more will. You have people like Tucker and Charlie Kirk screaming to their audience of millions about demographic change, and replacement, and the people watching are listening.

1 Like

This is a fascinating topic. There’s a lot of speculation and prediction out there. But as I have always contended, prediction is difficult, especially about the future! Yet, there is something here. So when the topic is broached, it is important to be as specific as possible. In 1800 there were 1 billion people on earth. A little over 200 years later there are about 8 billion people on earth. When we landed on the moon there were a little over 3 billion people on earth. That’s a lot of bellies to feed.

2 Likes

Really? Arizona was the first state to mandate E-Verify and what happened? A whole bunch of illegals left.
Certainly E-Verify has issues and workarounds. But E-Verify is not federally mandated and participation is voluntary. I can not find the article, but about a year ago I did read where some polyesters admired that they did not use the system. My second point about jobs that American’s do not want to do is my opinion.
And as far as illegals paying taxes, there are a lot of reports about this out there.

Droves of the unwashed Irish illiterate steamered into the US to almost immediate citizenship; when some of them got wise to the mill racket, and struck alongside Germans, Poles, Greeks, Italians and Lebanese, the Quebecois spigot was opened wide for two generations of Cannuck scabs and their violently regressive take on Catholicism.

3 Likes

It won’t be too long before Camp of Saints becomes required conservative reading. ■■■■ , the ideas of Faye, Land, Yarvin, De Benoist and Evola have already laced their way deep into the American right.

3 Likes

I’ve heard of Land and Yarvin, never thought their ideas would gain traction. But after recent years, I should probably look into what they have been saying.

I should probably read up on the others as well.

1 Like

Ugh. I almost gave up on the Wiki summary on Camp of Saints

1 Like

Stephen Miller is a fan of the book. It’s become quite popular among the far right.

1 Like

Yarvin used to post here when he was Mencius Moldbug.