Why the Establishment Media went totally Deranged

Patience?

Trump promised to repeal and replace Obamacare on day one. It’s been 19 months.

He said the day after his meeting with Kim that NoKo was no longer a threat, yet reports are saying Kim is still going forward with nuclearization. Did Trump lie? Or does he have no clue? Trump never said that it was a small step and we need patience. He blasted out a bombastic tweet.

Reports from the same intelligence folks that were certain Hussein (Saddam, not Obama) had weapons of mass destruction?

The ones trying to take Trump out since day one?

Those reports leaked to the press like the hissing of a snake?

The same reports that “conservatives” like you professed were absolutely true. What changed?

Want to see a fun chart? Sure you do.

from Zerohedge

Republicans aren’t the only ones who had a change of heart about the CIA.

I suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome, and I’ll explain why.

In my childhood I was taught and learned many things. I learned:

‘this is what lying looks like’
‘this is what blaming looks like’
‘this is what shaming looks like’
‘this is what gloating looks like’
‘this is what self centeredness looks like’
‘this is what bad sportsmanship looks like’

I must say, in all sincerity, either I am completely wrong in my perceptions, or President Donald Trump perfectly embodies each of these character defects. Unless and until I am completely transformed in my core human perceptions and values, I will be deranged by a person who exhibits all of those characteristics. Including the President of the United States of America.

1 Like

There is an alternative explanation, its not “either or” as you assume. Scott Adams blog discusses it. But here’s an important fact about all of us you can truth test right now after you read this.

Study your surroundings, mentally list everything colored “blue”. Then close your eyes, and list everything you say colored “red”. You will miss most if not all of them. Or any other color.

Only what you looked for made an impression on your conscious mind, nothing else.

Like going to a mall looking for someone, and out of a crowd of people you suddenly spot them. But if asked what everyone else looked like, you wouldn’t have a clue without looking again. BUT you did look at everyone’s face, your brain processed every one, and kept doing that until you found a match. Then your subconscious brain “alerts” your conscious mind “hey, I see her!”

Same happens we you and I watch a Trump press conference. I see a business man, you see a lying fool. But that is because I notice what confirms my belief about Trump, while you notice what confirms your belief about Trump.

There is no way of determining “subjectively” which of us is right.

But there is an objective test you can apply. List all of Trump’s accomplishments and failures, and see if your description of him would have predicted those events. If not, your list is an hallucination, not connected to reality.

This should boost Rand Paul and other Libertarians in the polls. I hope so. Trump has Libertarian leanings also. I hope he puts some restraint on those bozos, they clearly are out of control.

Nice chart.

Again, WMDs, conservatives believed everything.

Trump, conservatives don’t believe anything.

What changed?

Same thing that changed for democrats, the other party in charge of appointing agency leadership.

Funny… show me when that story was first concocted. You libs just came up with it. If it were real, that would have been the story from day one.

Nice touch in that article

from https://www.axios.com/why-trumps-wheres-the-server-is-the-wrong-question-30a4c97c-2822-47b3-b939-1fc2a7490d99.html

at this point, it doesn’t matter:

Funny stuff. Echoing Hillary

“What difference – at this point, what difference does it make?”

Uh it matters because you don’t have any convictions yet. Anyone accused of hacking the DNC server is going to drive a truck through the lack of custody of the servers in question.

Thank you for the thoughtful reply, Born Again. Very nice.

This insight into “confirmation bias” can save you lots of money at gambling, which I have stopped doing by the way.

I confess to having lost the hundreds of thousands of dollars I had won, because of confirmation bias.

“The patterns I saw occur frequently” really didn’t. I learned that the hard way.