Why is Trump's approval ratings going down?

That is not even remotely based on reality. This is the average over the last month starting 2 days after the report was released.

2 Likes

According to your link:

January 27,2017 : 44.3 Approve 44.2 Disapprove
Today in 2019 : 43.3 Approve 53.5 Disapprove

Mueller Report released April 18, 2019 44 : Approve 52 Disapprove
Today in 2019 : 43.3 Approve 53.5 Disapprove

Your math is truly curious. Teach us.

7 Likes

It is mostly the President who doesn’t want to compromise on the issue of immigration.
President Trump did unveil an immigration plan last Thursday, but it didn’t address DACA. Link
The majority of Americans are for a pathway to citizenship for DACA recipients. During the 2018 midterms, the Democrats won as many as 40 House seats and won a Senate seat in Arizona partly due to the DACA issue.

Really stretching the spin on this one.

I understand. Trump has proven to be far better than the hype.

:speak_no_evil:

Look at the trend…Don’t pick manipulated points.

Even a middle school science minor can do that.

:hear_no_evil:

Quit blaming and start offering ideas.

The ruse to save your serfs is getting laughable.

:see_no_evil:

Straight down since May 11. The trend is not “up”.

It is UP UP UP.

Trump bottomed out in December 2017…About the time the attacks became background noise.

The Meuller report verified the absurdity. We are discussing social science polling in case you have put too much merit in the realclear data.

The best is yet to come.

:bug:

I would suggest that the 30% are more stupid than you think…

4 Likes

Twice the D’s struck a deal with Trump on immigration bills. And both of those bills would have gave him over $20B for his wall. And both times Stephen Miller told Trump to kill the deals because they had provisions for DACA.

The immigration plan that Trump unveiled last Thursday didn’t address DACA. Link
Despite Democrats during the last midterms having won as many as 40 House seats and having won a Senate seat from Arizona, Trump doesn’t really want to compromise with them on immigration.

i hope this is part of the dem platform again. it worked so well for trump

1 Like

Whatever the reason it’s not Trump’s fault.

Trump has offered a deal that includes DACA and even some amnesty in exchange for more barriers and Judges and the D did,t even come to the table.

On Saturday, Trump offered an olive branch to Democrats holding out on a budget deal, suggesting that the White House would be willing to cede ground on an extension on the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Act, and offer help for Temporary Protected Status holders, in return for $5.7 billion in funding for the border wall.

Sunday morning, Trump suggested he may even be willing to consider a blanket “amnesty” for illegal immigrants living inside the United States, but only in return for a “bigger deal.”

In an address from the White House Saturday, Trump addressed Democrats specifically, accusing Speaker of the House Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) of refusing to come to the bargaining table to end an ongoing partial government shutdown, which will cross the one-month mark this week.

Trump noted that the White House is willing to negotiate, and to underscore his claims, he offered a 3-year extension on the DACA Act — enough to allow Congress to consider a more permanent solution to former President Barack Obama’s temporary executive order, extending legal protections to children of illegal immigrants who had no choice but to follow their parents to the United States — and peace of mind for workers covered by TPS — or “temporary protected status” provisions, allowing them to remain in-country pending further assessment by immigration officials.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/42413/deal-trump-offers-daca-extension-wall-funding-emily-zanotti

This is why I think Trump can bridge the gap and facilitate a deal that works for both R and D.

NOW is the time to act.

:scroll:

2 Likes

What percentage of people don’t know they got a tax cut?

Don’t know or don’t think? Don’t think is probably a bigger number .

Either way. Propaganda works.

It does. Also those who don’t think they did are not blaming the state taxes for it.

My wife owed money to the irs this year with nothing being different other than the state tax write off cap. Tough to convince people like her. But it won’t matter. No recession means four more years for the President.

1 Like

What percentage of peoples’ tax cuts was roughly equal to two bags of dog food (per year, not month), but will easily be offset (and then some) by increases in various other taxes, insurance rates, inflation, etc. in no time at all?

I don’t think that will be enough. He needs a deal with China.