Why is Putin Popular in the West?

No, you seem to be stuck in a Chinese Finger Trap. Somehow, in your mind, condemning Putin would be a win for liberals here on the message board, and you can’t allow that to happen. Yet, to NOT condemn Putin clearly puts you in a camp that tacitly supports him.

You think you can get out of it by claiming you have zero opinion on it, and therefore the question is moot, but that just makes it worse. Having zero opinion on a man butchering Ukrainians just makes the bind stronger.

It very much reminds me of the exchange we had on the topic of Russians murdering civilians in a shelter and an apartment complex.

You not only claimed it wasn’t a war crime to knowingly target civilians, and that US armed forces do much the same, but you went so far as to claim you would commit that same war crime if so ordered when you were in the service.

IMO you did this because you couldn’t stand to agree with perceived ‘liberal’ posters even on something as basic as, targeting civilians is a war crime. That is the only explanation that is plausible IMO.

That’s my thought as well, giving them props for deescalting a “madman” raising their status in the world stage.

2 Likes

Do you think agreeing with Putin - a urderer and a liar - over your own intel, and bragging about sharing love letters with a murderous dictator is an appropriate way to build bridges?

And yeah, I do think that’s what trump thought he was doing, but it’s a totally bizarre and weird way to do it…I just can’t imagine anyone else in the world thinking it’s the right way to do it…and now, his followers have to nod and say, yeah, yeah, no, that’s totally normal.

the emperor has no clothes.

Russia’s actions are probably about China.

1 Like

You mean tacit?

I’m rooting for America. Not Putin. Not Ukraine. They are irrelevant.

China is a clear and present danger to the US and the world at large. Orders of magnitude greater than Putin; if we stop escalating.

5 Likes

China will probably end up bailing Putin out and owning him.

1 Like

Maybe.

And I agree, it really seems likely China will bail them out. They have much to gain by making that move.

If Russia had a real economy, that union would be stronger already…

:rofl::+1:t4:

They can’t argue your point, so they make up one they can argue and put your name on it.

2 Likes

Ukrainians are just pawns…Europe and Putin only care about Ukrainian resources.

3 Likes

No. Just a poor argument. A straw cart.

Libs redefining words again?

1 Like

Right. Because sky screaming how horrible they are for years has worked so well.

1 Like

Apples and oranges.

I don’t disagree with china being a serious problem, but it’s a totally different kind.

It’s like saying, we shouldn’t be worried about Putin because we have toxic waste sites to deal with. They are just totally different.

And in fact, the China problem is multifaceted and not nearly as cut and dry. Putin does nothing for us. Nothing. China has in fact helped our economy become the envy of the world.

No they wouldn’t. Another mischaracterization.

You seem incapable of distinguishing real threats to your own country from media click bait. Hysteria clutter.

2 Likes

This thread is proof that the whole thing is just political.

Russian invading a peaceful neighbor used to be something everyone in America would resounded condemn.

It no longer is because agreeing with libs on ANYTHING is verboten.

Form libs will not vote.

1 Like

Just because something isn’t an immediate threat to american lives doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be condemned.

There you go again.

Do you deny it?

Absolutely. I’ve told you time and time again; I was a murderous thug. It’s a soldier thing.