Why is President Trump not a treasonous traitor?

Yeah but did you vote for someone who maybe could have won and prevented this? Not trying to bust your b’s, you know I love you man. I just want to make sure everyone really gives this a thought.

1 Like

I remember the day you responded to me and others on the other board that you would never support and defend this traitor but here you are.

I pointed out what an obvious train wreck this was from minute one of his candidacy.

I pointed it out to the liberals and conservatives who said, “Oh what’s the harm? He’s funny!”

I pointed it out to the liberals who wanted him to win the primary (I remember who all y’all are too)

I pointed it out to the conservatives who were only willing to criticize him when they thought Hillary was a lock.

I pointed it out to the conservatives who pretended they were Never Trumpers but voted for him anyway and bent the knee after he won.

I pointed it out to the conservatives who after he won were too cowardly to even admit they supported him while defending him constantly. Which admittedly is not technically illegal.

■■■■■ at least I can respect people who unambiguously supported him from the jump.

So spare me. Welcome to the wrong side of history. Enjoy your ■■■■■■■ stay.

6 Likes

Putin bet on a penny stock and got lucky.

Of course, he’ll try again.

3 Likes

As always, I voted for the person I felt most closely aligned with my political beliefs.

With that said, I have the luxury of knowing my one principled vote is quite irrelevant in a Presidential election, not being in a swing state. I’m fully cognizant of this reality, and understand that it is very easy for me to say, “Ha! Principles!!” :wink:

Put me in MI, OH, WI, VA, PA, FL, etc., and it very well could have been a different scenario.

1 Like

No, what you said was that you would only vote against him if the Democrats ran a conservative. Meaning you’re gonna vote for him no matter what.

You weren’t too ■■■■■■■ embarrassed to admit you supported Trump for more than a year because you’re proud of yourself.

I’ve got to be honest - I voted 3rd party in 2016 at the presidential level. Prior to that, I had voted Republican in every primary, runoff, and general since 1990 when I was first eligible to vote.

After this morning though, I am seriously considering doing something I would have never considered before today. Neither of my senators are up for election, but there is a fairly conservative democrat running for my district. I am seriously considering voting blue this time around as a way to potentially hold Trump accountable.

6 Likes

I completely understand. And if given the chance, I very well may do the same. My dilemma is a little different though. I have Claire McCaskill up for reelection, and the man likely running against her, Josh Hawley, seems like a really stellar representative for our state, whereas McCaskill is very liberal and promotes so much that I disagree with.

I am so torn on what to do. Maybe this is where the rubber needs to meet the road for me as well though. I have not voted for a Democrat outside of very local offices in my entire life. Not a single one for Congress or the Presidency.

2 Likes

I asked him who he thought would be an acceptable conservative Democrat, and he pulled a blank.

I personally thought Webb sounded pretty conservative in the first primary debate.

Pragmatism, brother. We need a check on this knucklehead. Watch how your local Republicans respond to what happened today…

No, I said Democrats should try running a conservative if they want my vote. And I am still not ashamed of voting for him, he is a transient problem that congress can rectify if they chose to do so. We’d be stuck with a liberal SCOTUS for a generation or more. So I don’t really give a crap if he gets impeached, I am not invested in him personally. I hope they do find enough on him to turn congressional republicans and republican voters against him to make it happen. So win, win, either way it goes. And I could care less what liberals think about any of that, I make my own voting decisions and will continue to do so.

1 Like

That would be a tough choice. I might vote differently if I was in different circumstances like that. In the end, you strike me as the type of guy who will make an informed vote after thinking through everything. But, I know it will be a difficult process.

Which Dem would you consider voting for?

Not many of them left these days, I could have gone for Evan Bayh.

Whoa, easy. That’s the kind of question that could give a guy a facial tic.

Thank you for answering.

B[quote=“zantax, post:77, topic:7407”]
Not many of them left these days, I could have gone for Evan Bayh.
[/quote]

So no one then. So you’ll be voting for Trump regardless.

Donald Trump.

So no one then. So you’ll be voting for Trump regardless.
[/quote]

Hopefully it won’t come to that. But if it does, so be it.

I didn’t turn “not technically illegal” into the hilarious catchphrase it is today on this forum because you were covering yourself in glory, pal.

2 Likes