Why is President Trump not a treasonous traitor?

Yes, there are many. I know some personally.

At this point they seem to be too entrenched to admit they were wrong, cognitive dissonance and all.

It’s like they have compartmentalized their Trump insanity to some tribal part of their brain…in modern times basically like rooting for your football team…doesn’t have to make sense, usually it doesn’t. That Trump is a pathological liar doesn’t even seem to register. IRL, a person like this would be scorned in the workplace or social settings by these people, but not so Trump.

You’d think there would be an breaking point. I’m still waiting for it…but then.look at the high polling numbers by Republicans supporting the Helsinki summit.

It’s fascinating from a psychological point of view.

2 Likes

Thanks, Kelby. That’s the sort of answer that I was looking for. I’m glad you took the question in the spirit intended. I actually have an answer more similar to Forcefield’s, but my sample size is small, aside from a brother-in-law, who is a nice guy but not a thinker. When Trump comes up, he visibly changes. Our president really triggers people in a way that I’ve never experienced, not with Obama or the Clintons or a favorite baseball team or high school friend who went on to play shooting guard for the Toronto Raptors, or I’m sorry, I’m stoned. Anyway, I hope you get my point.

Stoned or not, you are still a clear thinker.

Carry on, Bro.

Oh see lib that proves it was Obama fault Comey got fired. If Obama did not start the counter intelligence investigation then Trump would not of had to fire him to stop the investigation into our ally Russia.

I look forward to the first time that an intelligent reply begins with the words “Oh see lib.”

So this is seemingly real…

The only people in my life who support Trump are my wife’s family. I take a strict do not engage policy with them - it’s really not worth it because they just carry on with their Fox script. We aren’t going to change each other’s minds and we are stuck with each other so why fight? I didn’t even want to know who my parents voted for so I long ago told them i loved them and we really didn’t need to talk politics. Only recently found out they had told my daughter they voted for Johnson. I was very relieved. (But we still don’t talk about it).

This is a really good post.

I am starting to think there is no breaking point for a large minority. Your comparison to tribal support for a sports team is intriguing.

There’s a runaway feedback loop that has passed the point where facts and simple observation can break it. If it was a sense of humiliation or frustration or being left out that powered Trumps victory, that anger gets a dose of justification each time the perceived wrongdoers are triggered or hurt.

The worse the facts show Trump to be, the more those who observe that and call it out, the more justified and empowered his core supporters feel.

1 Like