Why is it so difficult for Muslims to assimilate?

As I said. My wife works in a school system populated by a significant number of Muslim families who have someone being treated at a local hospital. When discussing the progress of their student, many Muslims believe it beneath their dignity to discuss this with a mere woman. They won’t talk to a female teacher. And the school, sucks up and complies to their religion by providing a principle or other man to meet with the parents.

We surrender our culture and embrace theirs. How would you handle this situation?

Or our country.

Link to posts in this thread with “defense of all things Islam”.

I have family members who feel the same way.

Being an ■■■■■■■ isn’t particular to one religion or nationality.

Yes- removing a hat ban (which btw has rarely been enforced and allowed for ALL headgear- including Jewish yarmulkes, for example) is a tremendous assault on American values and culture.

:roll_eyes:

PS If you knew anything of American culture and the culture of Britain from which it sprang, you’d find the hat ban itself was actually an assault on culture and tradition and provoked a ton of lively debate in Congress the first few times they tried to impose it before it finally passed with relatively little fanfare in 1837.

But that would require learning a little history…

In Europe two wives were sunbathing topless on a beach. Their husbands were beaten by Muslim migrants for allowing this. They come into another country and demand that they abide by Islamic dress codes.

1 Like

Hmmm,

https://www.ohchr.org/EN/NewsEvents/Pages/DisplayNews.aspx?NewsID=14169&LangID=E

UN condemns anti gay laws in Nigeria which is 50/50 Christian/Muslim.

UN condemns inhuman stoning law in Brunei, a predominantly Muslim country.

I can probably do this all day long.

What is this based on?

As I said. My wife works in a school system populated by a significant number of Muslim families who have someone being treated at a local hospital. When discussing the progress of their student, many Muslims believe it beneath their dignity to discuss this with a mere woman. They won’t talk to a female teacher. And the school, sucks up and complies to their religion by providing a principle or other man to meet with the parents.

We surrender our culture and embrace theirs. How would you handle this situation?

So your answer is to demand they conform to your dress codes?

1 Like

Should Jews be required to condemn mitzvot before being let into our country?

What are they planning to do about it?

Sanctions? Action of any type? Debate on the floor?

I can do this all day long too. But it’s getting boring.

My kids go to a school with a high percentage of muslims, and our neighboring town is nearly a majority muslim.

I have never once heard of anyone demanding this. And believe me, these towns and gossip hives. I’ve heard everything…

So what’s your solution? You obviously think immigrants should assimilate. How do you propose enforcing that belief?

That’s because its the heritage and history of America! Try going to a radical Islamic run Muslin country & try that stuff you would most certainly lose your head!

The ridiculousness of this post in the light of our own countries history is interesting. We are literally a generation or two from American men viewing women as fragile and incapable, best left to homemaking.

1 Like

First generation immigrants have rarely fully assimilated into American culture. That’s why you have things like Chinatowns, Little Italy, etc. This is really no different now with Muslims. It’s the second generation that begins to assimilate.

I would require that anyone who is seeking to enter our country, sign a pledge to fully support the constitution of the United States including full rights to gays and women. If they do not support this, they might want to chose a country that is more in line with their own views.

There are some American dinosaurs who do not accept these beliefs as well. But. We have to accept the flaws of our own citizens. We are not obligated to accept foreigners who do not comply with our values.

Saudi Arabia does pretty much does the same thing, yet this administration is giving, selling them nuclear power technology and assistance…where’s your outrage?

Please provide the link to this story.

1 Like