Why is it so difficult for Muslims to assimilate?

“Of course…no one ever asks why the Hasidim don’t assimilate.”

Especially with the number whose unvaccinated children have contributed to the measles epidemic in New York, I would think everyone would be asking.

But wait: there are some conservatives who see not vaccinating as a parent’s freedom to choose and government not intervening in how they raise their kids.

:woozy_face:. Silly me, that’s probably why these conservatives instead stay fixated on brown people and Muslims instead.

I wonder what the O P’s issue with the children of Muslim immigrants is.

Assimilation of new immigrants is a myth. That usually takes at least a generation.

But their children are usually first language English speakers who go onto various academic, athletic & professional endeavors as mainstream Americans.

Many of the girls don’t even dress in the traditional garb he considers so offensive. I wonder what he holds against the kids.

I wonder why the Muslims and several other people from different cultures
that come to America don’t even care to try and assimilate, but simply force
their ways upon Americans?

And I wonder why the Democrat Politicians encourage it? It’s almost like
they want to destroy the American culture, and Americas way of doing
things???

They’re not? Really?

Those who participated in the research survey must have missed that memo:

What exactly is it they’re forcing us to do?

How is it they’re supposed to integrate? Eat a BLT & gamble on Monday Night Football?

Feh! The First Amendment guarantees freedom of religion for all, whether or not the dominant population approves of the faith. If they’re not violating U S laws or the rights of others, I don’t care what or how strictly they observe.

Luckily for me, I don’t look to you for credibility. So there’s that.