Why does the U.S get stuck with ALL of the blame for slavery?

Americans ended slavery in short order compared to the rest of History…

what was her name?

TY<TY<TY…

We did.

You were told you had to end slavery by your owners. You didn’t do it on your own.

Now. Back to the original question. Since they couldn’t abolish slavery at the founding, should they have counted slaves as one or zero?

You really don’t know. Didn’t they teach you in public school?

who cares do you want a medal?

So your saying American slaves should have felt grateful?

Great question!!!

How many statues of European slave trading nobility and Royalty have been ripped down? By my calculations it’s zero. Why? Because only the U.S. gets all the blame.

show me one country that blames America for slavery in their history.

So the failure of integration is the failure of blacks entirely? White Americans have no blame in the situation?

Whites fled cities as wealthier blacks moved in.

And you’re pleased with that?

SMH

Youre harshing the OPs constant need to be a victim.

Why the hell would they do that? They have absolutely no interest in drawing any attention to their slave past. They prefer that the U.S. take all the blame. For example:

When people (especially liberal people) discuss U.S. history, slavery is typically one of the main points of the discussion.

When people discuss European, African or Asian history, slavery is rarely ever mentioned. Any discussion of slavery is typically limited to the U.S. Why?

American history forces on AMERICA not Africa, Europe, or Asia.

Have you ever lived anywhere other than the US?

You think that British Children are taught that Slavery was America fault and are not taught about slavery and how it relate to British history?

Think of your own personal experience. I’m sure you have had many discussions over the evils of slavery. I would bet that Portugal or the Netherlands have never been part of that discussion. More likely the only country in a discussion of slavery has been the U.S.

Uh Japan gets beat down every day for their conduct during World War II which includes, gasp, sexual slavery on a massive scale.

For Americans, slavery is central to how our country developed. We fought a ■■■■■■■ war over the question of slavery. And not some small skirmish. The entire populations of the United States and the Confederate States were mobilized in the largest war the world had seen since Napoleon rampaged across Europe.

Think of your own personal experience. I’m sure you have had many discussions over the evils of slavery. I would bet that Portugal or the Netherlands have never been part of that discussion. More likely the only country in a discussion of slavery has been the U.S.

Why is that?

Basic education in history forces on national history not world history outside of a basic understand of world event like world wars.

I don’t expect the high school educated American to tell me about the political conflict known as the Interrgenum but I expect children raised in the UK to know it.