Why does the Muslim world stay silent about China?

Why do you think hunk that the US is excluded from this deal?

Where is your link to document this?

China wants to be global trade leader.

The accord is also a coup for China, by far the biggest market in the region with more than 1.3 billion people, allowing Beijing to cast itself as a “champion of globalization and multilateral cooperation” and giving it greater influence over rules governing regional trade, Gareth Leather, senior Asian economist for Capital Economics, said in a report.

China is cashing in on the virus. I suppose they can do that, just like we can have a UK and a South African variant, but not a Wuhan original.

If other trading nations are too tepid to stand up for the ethics of capitalizing on a pandemic…well :man_shrugging: from me.

That doesn’t really answer the question that was asked.

This deal wasn’t hatched in 2020.

So why did these nations go with China and cut the US out of that deal?

in a deal many in Asia are hoping will help hasten a recovery from the shocks of the pandemic.

This is why.

Trading blocs are not necessarily such a great benefit to members.

■■■■ China. Does that help? If anything is produced there that does not meet our pollution standards, do NOT let in be sold in our country.

This sounds great…

It will take time to fully assess exact details of the agreement encompassing tariff schedules and rules for all 15 countries involved — the tariffs schedule just for Japan is 1,334 pages long.

Nothing but sunny skies ahead…

I am sure that they want to use this deal to help with the recovery.

Why was the US cut out of a trade deal on the pacific rim?

That is a lovely sentiment.

Why does the US not have it’s own Pacific Rim Trade deal?

Because the world leaders are willing to sell out their own people for thirty (fig.) yuan and the illusion that the CCP will allow them to keep ruling over their sector once their country is weakened sufficiently for the Chinese to move in militarily.

Is that it?

The US didn’t have a huge trade deal ready to go with these same nations a few years ago?

1 Like

Let me share with you the truth…if you can handle the truth? Our country was duped with NAFTA. As our industries left and it was stated that the reasoning was labor, they eventually ended up in India and China. Labor may have been less but the pollution restrictions were virtually non-existent. These companies freely pollute our world, while many ignorantly yell about man made global warming…especially politicians. The end game is to initiate a carbon tax in which to line their corrupt pockets. The actual answer is, if it’s produced in a methodology that does not meet our pollution standards, then the product can not be sold here…period. This is the best “trade deal” that would economically benefit our country. Now…let me repeat myself… ■■■■ China and their man made virus that’s infected the entire world and killed millions of people. All of us should be united in this…in every country around the world. That’s the trade deal I want to be a part of.

Now…has anybody heard any sheople troughs regurgibleating this? The answer is NO but they should be. The problem is that China has a huge hand in our sheople troughs too. Wake up!!!

Still not answering the question that was asked.

The complaint that was raised was about a Pacific Rim Trade deal that is being headed by China.

Why doesn’t the US have a Pacific Rim traded deal with This country at the head of it?

I did…but it wasn’t what you wanted to hear. Think big my friend.

He HAS spoken out about it, more than once. It’s the right wing blogosphere that ignores it.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2021-02-16/biden-says-there-will-be-repercussions-for-china-over-human-rights

He is also keeping Trumps China tariffs in place. You won’t hear that from said blogosphere either.

It wasn’t an answer. Just a list of complaints.

What I see here is a railing against globalism without any sort of strategy to offer up a better trade system.

We could have had a Pacific Rim trade deal. But we don’t.

From the looks of it, it doesn’t seem like the US not having a Pacific Rim deal is the complaint but that China does.

But we can only control the deals that this country makes… not others.

What I stated, places America first and that’s how I roll my friend. BTW…did I say ■■■■ China loud enough?

Here’s your answer:

Criticism is taboo due to trade relations with China.

Not defending—how rhe Uigurs are treated is inexcusable—but explaining.

Having spent some time in one of the nations on the chart—Algeria—Chinese workers are responsible for quite a bit of construction there. I remember seeing the Chinese flag marking those sites.

Bit of a double standard, IMO. Muslims locally were up in arms over the U S in Iraq, but they’re quiet as mice about China.

2 Likes

Money b4 Muslim.

1 Like

Multinational trade deals are bad news for the citizens of counties involved in them. They impose a one size fits all regime on a variegated mix of economies that suppress unique individuals and cultures and seeks to homogenise them in a single economic order. The citizens of nation states are rejecting that kind of international economic imperialism, but the political elite like it, because it promises themselves wealth and power.

Trump was for bilateral or trilateral trade agreements that could be more readily tailored to benefit the citizens of the few countries in each agreement. He did not pursue multilateral agreements on principle. That’s why there was no Pacific rim agreement spearheaded by the US under Trump. Those in such a multiparty agreement will find they will lose their individual sovereignty to the overarching rules of the new economic order.

A league of Nations sharing similar ideals regarding freedoms setting up bilateral trade agreements among themselves to insulate themselves from the economic pressure from national and commercial interests besotted with the idea of greater globalisation and greater economic control for themselves would be preferable IMO.