Why does the Muslim world stay silent about China?

This isn’t a Muslim bashing thread just a question out of curiosity. We all saw the backlashes in Europe from the drawing of a cartoon in Denmark, the satanic versus in Iran that set the Muslim world ablaze burning down embassies to the murder of journalists at Charlie Hebdo for drawing Mohammed, and I could sit here a long time listing examples but I think most know what I speak of.

But in China they are over one million Muslims being brutalized and locked in concentration camps this isn’t hearsay, it’s documented. 1.1 million Uighur Muslims. I am sure most are aware of it although few seem to care or at best take little interest.

I am sure most have heard about what’s going from the forced sterilization of Muslim women or fitted with contraceptive devices. Forced sterilization was contemplated to be used on the Jews before the final solution was adopted.

A BBC investigation found that China was separating children from their families so they grew up without understanding Islam. Women who’s husbands are in the camps are routinely visited by Chinese guards and raped in their homes.

It may be a cheap point but it remains true that if a western country were to display one-tenth, one-hundredth or one-thousandth of the brutality that China is inflicting on Muslims, the global left would be burning with outrage, am I wrong?

And more importantly were is the outrage from Muslim countries? I don’t see any mass embassy burnings, people being gunned down by AK’s what I see and hear is silence, dead silence.

Disney just filmed Mulan a cool movie very close to the concentration camps and even gave a shoutout to China in their credits. Will Disney be cancelled by the cancel culture here or receive a backlash from Muslims?

You see to a conservative like me observing the culture wars it appears that unless the crime is committed by a western country no one seems to give a ■■■■■ Whether its the modern day slave trade in Libya to China locking up 1.1 million Muslims.

I rarely outside the BBC and Guardian see anything reported on. It’s as if it’s just business as usual do we hold China to a different standard? Why do we choose to overlock the atrocities because it didn’t happen in a western country? There are no sanctions that I know of. I get why the left don’t want to make a fuss about it because it didn’t happen in a western country were all evil comes from but why not Iran, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Lebanon to name a few the silence is deathening

From one of many BBC articles

Women in China’s “re-education” camps for Uighurs have been systematically raped, sexually abused, and tortured, according to detailed new accounts obtained by the BBC.

One would think there would be some outrage I mean this goes against humans rights as well as persecution of minorities I would think this would be red meat for the left, yet not even a hashtag like bringbackourgirls?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-china-55794071

2 Likes

There not, Muslim are quite vocal about China and Myanmar.

Its more no one else cares pay attention so it doesn’t make the news, there has been protest and rally about this subject across the global by Muslim groups, Muslim countries were some of the first to public call out China on this subject.

1 Like

C’mon man. Didn’t you hear? They have different norms. There is no way the left will speak out against it. Biden said he would not do so.

You would think this would be something they could get behind, but you forgot who is beholden to who here.

China owns Biden. He won’t even condemn them much less do anything about it.

1 Like

Its more western world don’t care about anything that happen outside of our bubble.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jul/04/why-do-muslim-states-stay-silent-over-chinas-uighur-brutality&ved=2ahUKEwiThqDN8fLuAhXGdn0KHbVOB_gQFjAHegQIFBAC&usg=AOvVaw03AE7rnI1JZ8NtTotP4-ST&ampcf=1
" In July 2019, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates, Algeria and other Muslim-majority states that pose as defenders of the faith helped to block a western motion at the United Nations calling for China to allow “independent international observers” into the Xinjiang region. Iran issues occasional criticisms but wants Chinese support in its struggle against the Trump administration and so keeps its complaints coded. Their hypocrisy is almost funny, if you take your humour black. Iran, Egypt, Syria and dozens of other countries that could not tolerate a magical realist novel can live with the mass sterilisation of Muslim women. They will give concentration camps a conniving wink of approval, but draw the line at cartoons in a Danish newspaper.

China sterilising ethnic minority women in Xinjiang, report says

Many have been bought off. China is now a more active and influential voice at the United Nations because so many countries are benefiting from billions of dollars in Chinese investments through its “Belt and Road” infrastructure programme. As Norway found in 2010, and Australia found this year when it asked for an international inquiry into the origins of Covid-19, those who blaspheme against China face cyber-attacks and sanctions. Better to take the rewards and avoid the punishments."

No, it’s more Biden is beholden to China and will not dare to say a word.

Trump Admin:

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Tuesday declared that China has committed “genocide and crimes against humanity” against Uighur Muslims and members of other ethnic and religious minority groups in western Xinjiang Province.

Biden:

So, the central – to vastly overstate it, the central principle of Xi Jinping is that there must be a united, tightly controlled China. And he uses his rationale for the things he does based on that. I point out to him, no American president can be sustained as a

president if he doesn’t reflect the values of the United States. And so the idea I’m not going to speak out against what he’s doing in Hong Kong, what he’s doing with the Uyghurs in western mountains of China, and Taiwan, trying to end the One-China policy by making it forceful, I said – by the way, he said he gets it.

Culturally, there are different norms that each country and their leaders are expected to follow.

Here are some links from the ABC (Australia) in 2019 and 2020 that show there are other news organisations that do in fact report on the situation. The ABC also had at least one article dated 2018.

Australian Uyghurs call on Federal Government for protection amid detainment fears - ABC News

‘Deeply disturbing’ footage surfaces of blindfolded Uyghurs at train station in Xinjiang - ABC News

China’s still building detention camps in Xinjiang — and they’re getting even bigger - ABC News

What it showed was the incompetence of the current Morrison Australian governments attempting to curry favour with the then Trump administration. The gross stupidity of unilaterally calling for such an inquiry is there for all to see. However, let me point out that Australia still has a significant trade surplus with China to this day despite the actions taken by China in response to the Morrison government’s incompetence.

More broadly, it speaks to the folly of the USA under the Trump presidency to cut its foreign aid budget. The results of those cuts have been a diminished presence and influence for the USA and allowed China to expand its sphere of influence.

Two Canadian citizen are sitting in solitary confinement charged with “Spying” sentenced in a 15 mins trial to 20 + years. because we arrested someone for the U.S.

Good question.

I would expect a more visible and sustained protest from the Islamic brethren.

do you watch/read a lot of Islamic newspapers, and news programs?

That is exactly what I mean by more visible.

We know it when every other nation insults Islam.

This should be a global effort.

Has CAIR had a recent press release on this subject?

Ya like three a month for the last few years.
the issue isn’t Muslim not being vocal, the issue is no one is paying attention to them because they don’t want to upset China.

The world is not happy with China and how it did so little to warm and contain Covid.

We can anger them.

Your point is valid since China has the cash.

last time Canada picked a fight with China, they arrested two Canadian tried them with being spies in a 15 min show trial and sentenced them to solitary confinement.

I remember that.

China is not being a good world citizen.

Best way to fight back is economic when possible.

I am concerned for Taiwan also.

I hear you…now can you provide some links showing this?

1 Like

Now the Uighurs are a concern?

1 Like

This’ll teach China not to infect the world with their lab made virus!

ASEAN, China, Other Partners Sign World’s Biggest Trade Pact

The Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership includes 15 Indo-Pacific nations – but excludes the U.S.

1 Like

I would be interested to see a couple English language reports over the last couple weeks.