Why does MSDNC and CNN Struggle?

For the week ending June 24 in primetime, CNN lost to HGTV, Investigation Discovery, the History Channel, the Discovery Channel, and the Food Network.

For the week ending July 8 CNN had a horrible week, managing just 669,000 primetime viewers and losing to the following networks: HGTV, USA, Food Network, TLC, Hallmark, and more. MSNBC fared much better in primetime, finishing third behind HGTV with 1.342 million viewers.

FoxNews on the other hand has been on an unchallenged consecutive weekly winning streak for the last half year.

The above reported by the Daily Caller regurging Nielsen ratings.

So how is this possible? Is not the audience for MSDNC and CNN predominately well educated, smart, sophisticated and caring liberals?

Could it have something to do with the fact that though libs tend to be better educated than non-libs, in all matters practical they are as dumb as a box of rocks? Flighty. Mercurial. Emotion driven? Slaved to the uber mind that programs their brains with anti-trump conspiracy laden headlines so digging further is not needed?

In society there are the producers and there are the users. Looks like neither class of human beings has much use for the propaganda channels. That’s reserved for the ultra damaged 20-30%. Seems like. The conspiracy crowd. The “just because” crowd.

And if CNN weren’t paying Airports to display their propaganda their rating would even be lower.

4 Likes

Great Work Comrade!
Mother Russia suppprts your efforts in USofA.
Tonight we meet at Dobrotin and drink potato vodka on your honor.

1 Like

Spasibo Mx. chopvich! Much cabbage soup to you! Da.

…because only old people watch cable anymore.

1 Like

Lol​:grin::grin::grin::grin:
More beets and bread for family in gulag to!

oh boy…

the shambling CNN zombies in here are going to start claiming you obsess over CNN…

and that all you do is defend fox news.

1 Like

Because Fox is just too darn cool.

Old people.

Cable TV.

3 Likes

Young people don’t watch TV.

CNN you’ve been Chopped…

The week ending June 24 in primetime, America’s Got Talent had 11.86 million viewers… What was Fox News viewership that week?

I watch CNN online. Is that counted?

only the deplorables watch FOX

CNN is Fake News.

24/7 hissy fit as the subversion that the soviets inflicted throughout the 20th century crumbles before our eyes.

MAGA!

What it really boils down to is capitalism. You see “libs” get their choice of any number of alphabet stations for news, whereas Fox is pretty much the only place for conservatives to get “news” on the TV. So it’s a simple matter of choice.

Some people like ABC, some like CNN, some like CBS, etc. So you take the total viewership and it gets spread out over many channels, whereas Fox’s audience all converge there.

Heck if you were just merge CNN and MSNBC together, those two alone would beat Fox in viewership in every time slot after 5 PM. Before that it would be pretty close, but the libs are working till 5.

1 Like

I had not thought of that. You earned an upvote. RELUCTANTLY and grrr from MrOT.

Combined under the MSDNC umbrella the merger still wouldn’t eclipse Fox…but it would be neck and neck which is close enough. Sigh.

The fact that lib channels present conspiracy and propaganda entertainment only is another conversation.

Fox viewers smell like mothballs.

Never ceases to amaze me… How libs brag boastfully on being ignorant. “Yeah! I don’t no nuthin an’ I’m proud of it. Stick that in your keech (quiche) and chew on it ya informed conservative smarty smarty.”

Pipe down old timer, the point is that a significant portion of people under 40 don’t even have cable. Tryin to teach ya old farts.