Why do you folks trust government so much?

Who I gonna trust? The internet.

I trust the govt over the net every time.

Allan

Okay. I assume that you trust your government masters to have more authority over you because you vote or it. There’s your answer. Now please quit dodging my question.

Did you believe it when you were told that Trump and Vlad had a secret deal? It’s a simple question. Yes or no?

Interesting. Being a fair minded person, let me share my observation of you OP. I’ve made similar arguments about LIB positions in the past.

What you have essentially done is created a strawman argument from within your CONS frame of reference. You have then invited LIBs to join you in your frame of reference to defend the strawman arguments you have created. Obviously that isn’t remotely possible.

LIBs will remain in their LIB frame of reference and the ensuing discussion will be pretty much predictable. Both sides will simply talk past each other and nothing of consequence will be said, other than the usual slinging of partisan rhetoric and talking points.

4 Likes

I think this is slightly misguided.

He has plenty of points that could be discussed. However he keep referencing broad, unverifiable, “they” and I am not sure how we can debate against that (assuming he really wants one).

I gave a good faith summary of my questions and comments. I’m curious to see if @altair1013 addresses them in good faith.

Do you have a car? Did someone sell it to you?

@Smyrna isn’t a car salesman, he is a business owner that employs people who sell cars and provides them with a good living.

And, yes. He is very trustworthy. To infer you’ve lowered yourself to interact with him speaks to you, not to him.

Everyone is trying to do their jobs.

2 Likes

Those weren’t kind words.

You referenced “they” in quite a few points of yours. I don’t know if it is the same “they” or a different “they” for each one.

You started your OP with “why do libs trust the government so much” so I can only assume that every single one of your points, refer to the government somehow. However some of your points (like the BLM comment) have no government purveyor at all. BLM isn’t a government organization.

That’s just one example

The not technically illegal excuse.

But think for a second how incredibly wild it is that a candidate signs a letter of agreement with a bank that is under sanctions of the government that he wants to lead.

What is more insane is that the supporters just wave this away.

Further, there are 22 million people working in federal, state and local government, who I imagine run the gamut from saint to serial killer.

OP is too silly a person to understand the notion of outgroup bias, where you lump the “other” into an amorphous monolithic mass of identical characteristics. In this case, he seems unable to distinguish between politicians and bureaucrats.

2 Likes

Who said this was a competition? I was asking you why you place so much trust in your government masters when they lie so much?

I’m really not asking you if you trust some powerless internet troll. I could not care less.

DID YOU BELIEVE THE FAKE ACCUSATIONS THAT TRUMP HAD A SECRET DEAL WITH VLAD?

Technically there was no investigation of Trump for a real estate deal. And technically you’re still dodging. He was accused of colluding with Vlad to steal the election. He was even called a Russian agent. Did you believe the accusation?

Why do you folks trust government so much?

The state is the divine idea as it exists on earth. The state will be perfected. …the individual, whose supreme duty is to be a member of the state.
Hegel

@mwevans1234 you can’t use the diminutive for Richard in that context.

I know. And today you’re trying to sell the idea that you have never heard of Trump/ Russia before. And nobody is buying. Try being honest. This is what gives salesmen a bad name.

Yes, Moscow tower.

So you don’t believe that he had a secret deal with Vlad to steal the election? Good!!! You admit your politicians lied to you. Yet you still trust them?

Why?
:man_shrugging:

Yeah. Which is exactly why I told the OP that when he said government people are like used car people that I don’t distrust either because they’re all decent sincere folks from my experience.

Shoot, read a bit.

There’s one person here who picked at the car folks - it ain’t me.

I answered your questions, can you address mine above?

Who is “they”?

Just answer the question, Claire.

I’ll expand:

Anyone who said “Russians interfered on behalf of Trump” was correct.

Anyone who said “Trump encouraged Russians to interfere” was correct.

Anyone who said “Trump should be investigated for collusion” was totally justified.

Anyone who said “Trump definitively colluded with Russians” overstepped.

So you see the “they” matters.

2 Likes

You did not. After admitting that they lied about Trump / Russia you failed to tell me why you still trust them. Not a word.