Why Do Democrats Want to Confiscate Our Guns?

Not on what “bearing” arms means, but I understand your clarification.

I live in Kansas where most of us look at the 2nd amendment as amendment 1B, you don’t need a conceal and carry permit. The best website for gun laws and statistics by state is, GunPolicy.org

What do we disagree about on bearing arms?

You have Constitutional carry. You suck. :wink:

That the right to “keep an bear” (possess) arms extends to carrying in public.

We disagree about that?

Bear does not mean possess, it means to carry.

Yes, I don’t think concealed carry is a right, it’s a privilege and I am fine with states restricting it.

Then we don’t disagree. Concealed carry is not a right, it is a dress code. Carry is the right. You may prohibit concealed carry. You may prohibit open carry. You may not prohibit both.

And it only applies to public spaces. Private property owners may prohibit both. I wish they wouldn’t, but they can.

I meant open or concealed carry, I should not have qualified it. This is why we disagree.

One of the few states that do, it’s not perfect by any means, but most born and raised in Kansas are taught from a early age how to respect and the proper use of a firearm as well as the repercussions of improper use of a firearm. I guess what I’m saying is it’s not a I’ll meet you outside of the saloon at high noon either. But it is a way of life.

The 2nd Amendment is very clear on this, as the courts have been. I’m sorry friend, you are quite simply incorrect.

One or the other, not both. The State of Hawaii is in violation of the Constitution of the United States.

It is perfect. One day maybe Texas will come to her senses.

It won’t be next year, we have a new Speaker. All we will have is resolutions of recognitions. Maybe in 2021.

Where are you getting that Hawaii does not allow open carry?

If I may jump in here gentlemen, just a curiosity what is the concern with the difference if the people you pass on the street know if your carrying concealed or not?

From the law and the fact that they haven’t issued a permit in longer than the expiration of the permits.

Oh and the Young case, which puts them in violation of a 9th Circuit ruling.

Hawaii is trying to claim states sovereign rights.

It’s the idea of it.

So it’s about being paranoid? That dog don’t hunt.

It’s about secular puritanism, Utopia, and trying to force wolves and sheepdogs to chew cud.

So after reading all these comments Hawaii has not repealed the 2A. They might have a strict framework in place but they certainly have not repealed the 2A in that state.

But lets assume that they have, we are told time and time again that the 2A is a citizens best defense against a tyrannical government so am I to assume that the citizens of Hawaii are now living under the jackboot of a totalitarian government?

Perhaps you missed the quotation marks around “repealed” in my post?

Hawaiians are too busy smoking weed and eating Spam to worry about a little thing like rights.