Why Democrats Are So Obsess About Confiscate Things?

I wanted to be wolverine when I was 10. Should my parents have given me surgeries to implant metal in my bones to cater to my fantasy?

All three are either being done already or being talked about by Democrats holding national office.

Whatā€™s the old saying? Those who trade freedom for security get neither?

1 Like

No but we would like for the murder of the unborn to stop.

You would find the experiences transgender children have quite different and more intense than your playful fantasies. Accepting the freedom of others to be different than ourselves can be distressing.

I have a titanium spork and straw in my edc bag. Fits right between the tourniquet and knives. Itā€™s 2019. You donā€™t need a plastic sippy cup, you donā€™t need a plastic straw, be an adult.

The underlying point is here is that all political parties wish to change behavior in various ways for reasons that they each find to b entirely justified.

1 Like

Acceptance and being the accomplices to permanent life choices of minors are two different things.

First of all, letā€™s do away with the silly thread premise that Democrats (or anyone else) are trying to impose gender choices on children.

That said, the families that I have seen where children have explored changing gender ā€“ and I have three in mind ā€“ have treated the matter very seriously. It has clearly been difficult for the children and for their parents. Among the children, I have seen one suicide attempt and among the parents, great confusion, guilt and uncertainty.

However, I think this matter is best left to the families and those whom they trust as advisors ā€“ doctors, therapists, priests (let that word stand for all religions), trusted friendsā€¦ rather than a matter for distant third parties or the government.

Honestly, I do believe that some children are making these choices at too early an age so I donā€™t see everything that is happening as welcome, but I do see the challenges these children and their parents are confronting and that leads me to want to leave families to those they trust to navigate this complex situation.

you didnā€™t build thatā€¦

all your base are belong to us

I can semi respect that. But I go a bit more. I donā€™t think it should be allowed for minors, even with parental consent. We donā€™t let children do many life altering things at a young age, and itā€™s not like this is something that can be changed back later.

After a person is an adult, I have no issue with it. Though it needs to be treated as an elective surgery. No more of this crap about state prisons having to provide it for inmates.

Erase.

Yes, if they really love you.

1 Like

I am not proposing that children decide such matters by themselvesā€¦ but who would prohibit an action that a family agrees to take ā€“ in consultation with their minister and medical professionals? I donā€™t think government should play that sort of role in family decisions.

On the level of principles what I see is that both liberals and conservatives are fine with big government; they just want the government to meddle in different things.

Should parents be allowed to let their kids drink at very early ages? Do drugs at whatever age the child wants? What about if a parent wants to buy toys with led based paint?

All are things that affect the child future development, and they are all things that are considered child endangerment because they have future repercussions on a developing child. Yet now folks want to allows hormone therapies to chemically alter the development of the child.

The anti-vaccine crowd is another such example but the sides are reversed on that one for many.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the medical aspects of transitioning are rhetorically compared to conversion therapy. It will be fun watching the clash of generalizations.

WOW, thatā€™s such BOVINE EXCREMENT. A person does not have a choice when it comes to sexual orientation. You are what you are, PERIOD.

I know a few gay men who lead miserable lives because they were not true to themselves. One of those men was my former youth pastor back in the 60ā€™s-70ā€™s. Another was my friendā€™s husband. I worked with the third; he was married to a woman, but conflicted. (now heā€™s happily married to the love of his life)

Hell, weā€™ve got a gay man running for President who has more going for him in the way of intelligence, military service, and faith than the current jackass who resides in the White House.

1 Like

We want to confiscate trumpā€™s sharpies.

Mandatory ā€œbuyback.ā€ Confiscation.

Hereā€™s a real simple solution. If you donā€™t want those thingsā€¦donā€™t buy them! I know itā€™s real complicatedā€¦