Why Aren't Repulicans Standing Up to Dictator Trump?

I opened this thread thinking it was going to be about Trump saying he could pardon himself, or making the decision to impose tariffs on the country’s biggest trading partners.

Instead, it’s about Trump disinviting the Eagles to the WH. That doesn’t make him a dictator. It simply is yet another example of Trump acting like a petulant child.

To the best of my knowledge, none of the Eagles players knelt during the anthem. Yet Trump tries to make it sound like they aren’t patriotic.

Actually, it’s the fact a lot of Eagles were going to refuse to attend, so he rescinded the invitation, rather than face the embarrassment of many of the players not showing up to his party.

Yep, and then blamed it on protests during the anthem, which none of the Eagles had been participating in.

This same thing will repeat itself with whoever wins the NBA and hockey titles.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

1 Like

Bingo. Poor Donald and his Amazing Technicolor Ego couldn’t bear the thought, so he twisted it into a bull ■■■■ narrative of him cancelling the ceremony because two few players wanted to “honor the troops.” The sad thing is, Trumpists actually believe that.

Beat me to it. :wink:

Yeah, the Trumpists probably believe it, because they don’t question anything he says. If Trump claims some of the players were kneeling, then it must be true.

And actually even if they were, it shouldn’t have any bearing on hosting a congratulatory event for them at the WH.

But little Donnie had his feelings hurt, so that is all that matters.

As I said, it will happen again… twice in fact in short order… with the NBA and NHL winners. Will be interesting to see what excuse he uses then because as far as I know none of those players are kneeling during the anthem.

Who cares? Sports teams being invited to thenwhitehouse, is nothing more than a dog and pony show.

The orange idiot seems to care, a lot.

What laws has Trump imposed on YOU?

What crimes have he committed?

Seriously libs…you lost whatever few brain cells you have left on Nov 8th 2016.

1 Like

You failed to answer the question of course.

Are you just incapable of giving a straight answer?

Wrong.

Oh wow. Big deal. Anyway it’s still true none of the Eagles players knelt.

They were protesting during the national anthem. I would invite the team but anyone who had done so would not be welcome.

I agree calling him a dictator over this is over the top.

However, it is yet another example of his petulance and vindictiveness. Plus his ego couldn’t stand the fact a lot of the players were going to be no shows.

1 Like

I’m not the only one who will recall Roseanne’s disgraceful behavior during the anthem, and grabbing her crotch at the end.

Yet Trump couldn’t wait to congratulate her on the big ratings her show got, and many Trump supporters became big fans of hers.

Selective outrage in other words.

3 Likes

No you’re not, it was disgusting then and still is and I have said so.

I said many Trump supporters became fans of hers, not you personally.

And Trump did give her a call to congratulate her after the show’s big premier.

I can hear Trump now…that damn Glenn Frey, where is he?

GET OVER IT!

Trump and his supporters are annoying crybabies just because a few players “disrespected” the anthem. Why does that bother you?

Simple answer is policies…

Sure. But if you do it for idiotic reasons, people will call you an idiot. Present company excepted.