Why are some trump supporters intimidating voters near the polls?

The left has seen to it that can’t happen. See rioting, looting, buildings on fire.

1 Like

this is not a negotiation

1 Like

It was in Fairfax, VA.

Biden territory.

Why do you think they picked that location?

Allan

Are trump supporters being intimidated at an early voting location?

Allan

So, no one in Fairfax is going to vote for Trump. Is that your assertion?

How does anyone know how people are going to vote?

I highly doubt anyone was intimidated. If they were intimidated by a bunch of people waiving flags and chanting 4 more years then maybe they need to get out more.

feeling intimidated is subjective, actually intimidating is not.

Let’s see the election results in 2016

Clinton 355,133

Trump 157,710

So yes, the Virginia GOP, who sponsored knew exactly what they were doing.

Fairfax county provided the win for Clinton in 2016.

Allan

See below for intimidation. Nope, none of what I have seen here qualifies. “They yelled four more years, I’m afraid they are going to hurt me”. Nope.

Intimidation (also called cowing ) is intentional behavior that “would cause a person of ordinary sensibilities” to fear injury or harm. It is not necessary to prove that the behavior was so violent as to cause mean terror or that the victim was actually frightened.[1]

Threat , criminal threatening (or threatening behavior ) is the crime of intentionally or knowingly putting another person in fear of bodily injury. “Threat of harm generally involves a perception of injury…physical or mental damage…act or instance of injury, or a material and detriment or loss to a person.”[2] “A terroristic threat is a crime generally involving a threat to commit violence communicated with the intent to terrorize other.”[3]

“Intimidation” is the name of a criminal offense in several U.S. states.

Kind of hard to do when you post things like this just to egg things on, I assume you do the same type of thing IRL, so in essence you’re pretty much part of the problem.

3 Likes

As I said, this was in poor taste but I really think you’re looking to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Applicable Virginia Law (note 40 foot requirement)

“During the times the polls are open and ballots are being counted, it shall be unlawful for any person (i) to loiter or congregate within 40 feet of any entrance of any polling place; (ii) within such distance to give, tender, or exhibit any ballot, ticket, or other campaign material to any person or to solicit or in any manner attempt to influence any person in casting his vote; or (iii) to hinder or delay a qualified
voter in entering or leaving a polling place. (Va. Code Ann. § 24.2-604(A))”

If they broke that law, call the police. Otherwise, first amendment.

No. And neither are democrats.

By the way, anybody else notice those rather tough looking guys, one of them partially dressed, in the Salon article? The line under it says “Trump Supporters”. It does not say when or where that photo was taken. It is clear from the twitter video links given later in the article that the photo was not from the Virginia polling place that the article was about.
Qualify for “Fake News”? At least misleading.

I feel intimidated by it.

3 Likes

It does make me wonder what goes through the more passionate supporters’ minds when they do things like this.

What do they think it will accomplish?

Locally folks sit in lawn chairs and hold signs urging you to vote for whoever every election. All the proper distance away.

Not a big deal.

Never thought i would hear anyone Whining about that. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

These people were not sitting, they were standing.

And they were not just holding signs but yelling at people.

And it wasn’t just a few people, it was quite a few.

Allan

Would you feel intimidated if a group of your violent people were screaming at you while you were trying to eat dinner?

Of eating dinner and being intimidated isn’t against federal law.

“Whoever intimidates, threatens, coerces, or attempts to intimidate, threaten, or coerce, any other person for the purpose of interfering with the right of such other person to vote or to vote as he may choose, or of causing such other person to vote for, or not to vote for, any candidate for the office of President, Vice President, Presidential elector, Member of the Senate, Member of the House of Representatives, Delegate from the District of Columbia, or Resident Commissioner, at any election held solely or in part for the purpose of electing such candidate, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.“

Allan

https://community.hannity.com/t/leftist-mob-tries-to-fight-conservative-and-harrasses-her/234906/542