Who wants to raise taxes on the super wealthy to pay for healthcare—Liz warren

Insurance was invented to compensate you for losses.

Yes, it would.

How is that anyone’s business but their own? They earned it.

2 Likes

No? Wealthy Cubans didn’t flee to Florida? Just one example.

Not true.

1 Like

Regarding federal income tax, the Trump tax cut put a lot more people in the “no skin in the game” tier, due to the doubling of the standard deduction.

Not even remotely. Nearly half the population has a net negative tax liability.

1 Like

How many?

No it didn’t.

The Act created the following chart. The highest tax bracket is $500,000 for single people and $600,000 for married couples. Beginning in 2018, they pay a 37% rate after exemptions and deductions. That’s lower than the 2017 rate of 39.6%.
How the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Affects You

:joy: “Only the truth matters, not the facts” :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

How do you figure?

A low income couple now pays zero on a $24,000/yr income. It’s all wiped out with the $24,000 per year standard deduction.

Before that I believe standard deduction would have been about $13,000 per year. Leaving paying tax on about $11,000.

I’m not sure what I’m supposed to get out of that. Where does it address the doubling of the standard deduction and how that affects low income earners?

I’m sorry. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

How does that affect the doubling of the standard deduction and how that affects low income earners?

It means it protects even more of their income from taxation, perhaps even all of it. Which is fine.

But counter to your post about wanting more people with “skin in the game”.

Skin in the game to me means an investment. You WANT ROI in some form. You are invested in the outcome because you gave and as such want results.

Vs. just trusting that whomever you elect has your best interests in mind without accountability.

Certainly, you can be on board with that?

I think the super rich is good at hiding their assets and can hire the best attorneys for tax loops. And with all the vitriol (Vampire vs Werewolves) hate each other democrats and republicans good luck getting any tax reform passed.

Warren is on record saying she would never vote anything a Republican passed why should they work with her?

This sums it up pretty good.

How so?

Cryingindian-330x190

3 Likes