Who wants to raise taxes on the super wealthy to pay for healthcare—Liz warren

I think that even he would fall under the minimum alternative tax.

His LLC’s and Corps . . well lots of those get many loopholes and don’t have the MAT.

It was because of people like donald (and his 900k deduction way back when) that the minimum alternative tax was implimented so they HAD to pay something.

So you disagree with my proposal of the flat tax?

one that would hit the rich? But also make the lower income earners pay a little as well?

To a degree. I have a hard time taxing someone a rate when they make 8 an hour.

Those who earn high incomes should pay a higher marginal tax rate than those on low incomes.

$1000 to someone who earns $10,000 a year is worth a lot more to that person than a $1,000,000 to someone who earns $10,000,000 a year.

1 Like

You bring up a real good point. Those who complain the most about not subsidizing other people’s healthcare are themselves having their healthcare subsidized by others. What would their premiums look like if old and or fat people were in their own distinct pool and weren’t subsidized by relatively healthy Americans

But not their fair share as they would under your proposal?

I am damned tured of having to pay for others’ poor lifestyle choices - lung diseases, diabetes and other obesity related issues. Take better care of yourselves and stop expecting the rest of to subsidize your lousy habits, moochers!

1 Like

Ouch.

My father who is in his late 80’s was complaining that he had to have two visits to a doctor before a procedure is to be done to help alleviate his back pain. “That’s the government health care for you” he says.

I really don’t like to get into political arguments with my family… just isn’t worth it… so I bite my tongue knowing that he wouldn’t be able to afford the private health insurance or the health care costs at his age.

Precisely.

They would be broke. Flat out broke.
Like I’ve said. Private or government. They both use the same system. One just using the government. And the other private.

I would have said something…granted your response from him would have been…yeah well!

Nah… last time I had a political fight with my parents was because my mom was upset about the removal of Confederate Statues, or as my brother calls them " our sacred statues"

I want to like my family as well as love them.

It just isn’t worth it.

2 Likes

Meh…I usually bit my tongue but I’ve had enough of that in my youth.

My thoughts are that my parents have only so many years left and I don’t want to spend it arguing with them.

1 Like

True…but it might make them feel young at heart…

I find it a good recourse for all the crap they gave me

1 Like

Everybody keeps complaining about how taxes would go up, but if you’re paying $600 a month for insurance but universal healthcare ups your tax bill $150 and you no longer have to pay for health insurance isn’t that the very definition of a “win”?

That’s math! I know this though, if it isnt about 20% of GDP it has to be tweaked until it is. And tweaked some more, and some more… Its actually rather difficult to design for the real world.

Sounds good. It’s inevitable. No need in pushing it off any longer.