Who shot Ashli Babbitt?

Then he don’t get to shoot.

2 Likes

Ya I’ve seen the window and the thought that she was the only one small enough to crawl through it is hogwash.

Here are two guys standing in front of the window, so ya. I’m calling hogwash on that one.

I’m 61, 5’10" and 230 pounds and I could climb though that window.

WW

1 Like

That’s not what the Justice Dept and Capitol Police brass think.

Bias.

1 Like

Doubtful

Yes he does.

The application of the reasonable person standard is what applies measured against the law and the Capitol Police policies and training for just such a situation, not you saying “no gun, no shoot”. And the reasonable person standard says that she was the lead person breaching a law enforcement barricade at the head of a riotous mob and after receiving reports over the radio of shots fire (which only later proved false) and the mobs demonstrated use of violence and weapons constituted a reasonable belief that the mob would cause death or serious bodily injury to either the officer or the civilians he was protecting.

WW

1 Like

Not hardly.

Cops are not “reasonable persons” I already addressed that.

The standard you deny was the standard on the battlefield.

2 Likes

Added for context. Climbing though a broken window into the speakers lobby.

Allan

It was not done randomly.

Allan

No, the standard I speak of is that applied to civilians and law enforcement.

BTW - Since you bring up “on the battlefield”, what are you comments regarding Smyrna claim that an officer in such a situation should not minimize his exposure in the case someone in the riot had a firearm. Especially since it appears there were previous radio reports (which only later were proved incorrect) of shots fired. Do you think that people in the battlefield should be standing out in the open instead of seeking cover to reduce exposure? Maybe a big red bullseye on their chest with an arrow saying “shoot me here first”?

WW

No, that was the ROE in Iraq.

Well it looked smaller in that video.

As for you crawling through that window…I would love to see that. :wink:

It’s also the standard applicable to civilians for self defense and for law enforcement here in CONUS.

WW

No gun no shot.

2 Likes

Not the standard.

The application of the reasonable person standard is what applies measured against the law and the Capitol Police policies and training for just such a situation, not you saying “no gun, no shoot”. And the reasonable person standard says that she was the lead person breaching a law enforcement barricade at the head of a riotous mob and after receiving reports over the radio of shots fire (which only later proved false) and the mobs demonstrated use of violence and weapons constituted a reasonable belief that the mob would cause death or serious bodily injury to either the officer or the civilians he was protecting.

WW

It was the standard on the battlefield.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::+1:t4:

No you wouldn’t, that would be a KODAK moment I think we can agree the world is not ready for.

:wink:

WW

2 Likes

As well as civilians and law enforcement here at home.

WW