Who shot Ashli Babbitt?

No it wasn’t. Keep perpetuating though.

Can’t you just stick to this was a bad shoot and it didn’t need to happen. Why the hyperbole?

It was execution style while her head was down.

It was ugly and unjustified.

Is there a measured distance to qualify as execution style vs close range? An arm length or two is about right for me.

…because he was hiding way off to the side. If his intent was to protect something, then address it. Face the problem and let them know your intent. He didn’t do that. He hid…and waited…and then cowardly shot an unarmed female at point blank range.

1 Like

It wasnt an execution. Cowardly…. Yeah there is a judgment call you guys should be making.

It was a terrible shoot. He clearly got scared and pulled the trigger. Everything else is martyrdom.

That’s not the standard. It never has been. Which is why a cover up is necessary.

Sounds like our lib friends support it as a new standard but only in the case of conservatives. :roll_eyes:

If not for double standards as the saying goes.

The “officer” should be on trial for murder.

1 Like

If it was execution style he would have shot her in the head and not the shoulder.

On this we can agree, there should have been.

2 Likes

You really need to stop with this disingenuous argument.

This was the only group that got close to Congresspeople.

We’ve been through this.

By “you guys,” I am mimicking your use of “you guys” in the post I responded to. Don’t you read your own posts?

Effigies have always been okay. I don’t know where you got the idea that they aren’t; they are a form of freedom of expression under the protection of the First Amendment. What people objected to about Bush was the false accusations being attributed to him while symbolizing him with an effigy. Objection is also protected by the First Amendment.

My, aren’t you the bloodthirsty one. How do you feel about killing rioters looting and burning businesses in our cities?

3 Likes

There is nothing disingenuous about my argument. The only justification for a cop to shoot someone is to stop an imminent deadly threat to himself or others. In this case, the dead woman, Ashley Babbitt was not threatening anyone let alone even being equipped to kill someone. Her being in the group of protesters that got the closest (but nowhere near close enough to harm any of them) to Congresspeople is an absolutely asinine argument to justify killing her or anyone else in that group. And yes, we have been through this before, which means that its you who should stop making such an absurd argument.

4 Likes

If you only you held consistent positions instead of arguing context and thread belonging.

This post is beneath you my friend.

That is not congress, and they were not trying to overthrow a certification of a Presidential election by storming the Capital and attempting to assassinate the VP and critical members of Congress.

Deflecting to riots which has nothing to do with the topic at hand gives the air that many on the Right want to feel that they weren’t wrong, but were WRONGED. That they are the aggrieved, the victims in all this. That poor AB was just minding her own business hurdling through a broken window when all of a sudden some bad guy popped a cap in her.

Let’s cut to the chase. You do whatever it takes to convince yourself that in some alternate reality the Trump followers were just minding their own business when the Capital Police killed a totally innocent woman, and a Veteran at that!

In the actual reality these folks were villains. They threatened our Constitution and Democracy, they have no regard for the rule of law or the sanctity of our vote. They just wanted to win and didn’t care a whit about our country in the least. They weren’t Patriots, they weren’t misunderstood, they were not victims.

And all of the blathering and finger pointing about things like race riots and looting doesn’t change the fact that many in the GOP and/or Trump followers are now an existential threat to our very democracy. They spout wild conspiracy theories, they are violent, many are racist and many are doing whatever they can to actually hinder our Country from recovering from the worst public health threat in a century.

If this reality is too much to bear (no pun intended), they can simply create whatever pocket of reality that provides comfort, that reassures oneself that they are victims, they are the true Patriots. All while trying to burn everything down, restrict voting rights and assault the rule of law in a gigantic temper tantrum because their bloated and incompetent bag of wind couldn’t BS his way too a second term.

5 Likes

Easy miss. Why do you assume he wasn’t trying to hit her in the head?

2 Likes

It’s not an argument I’m making that the shooting was justified.

It’s disingenuous to suggest the idea there weren’t other shootings is a point of evidence in how bad this one was.

There weren’t other shootings or even attempted shootings because no one else got close to Congresspeople.

Not true.

2 Likes

For the most part it is true. There was that group that was misled by the police officer away from the Senate but other than that, Ashlii’s group probably got the closest.

But not close enough to be an immediate threat.

2 Likes