Who is Behind the Current Unrest?

I was listening to a former FBI agent who was in a division that kept current with groups and individuals who cause riots and arson. He said that there are both extreme left-wing and right-wing groups who want to collapse the government and use anarchy as their tool. One group that I became aware of is the boogaloo bois. And some of their members have already been arrested.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/06/22/who-caused-violence-protests-its-not-antifa/

Trump and Barr have been selling the idea that this is all Antifa based. But there are multiple articles that say Antifa has not been involved in the violence and arsons.

Who is Behind the Current Unrest?

It’s a great question but hard to discern. I believe it has to be a fairly large, united group because much of what we are seeing here, other countries around the world are seeing it too. I’m also seeing that the politicians in these cities/countries that are being torn apart act like the mayors of Portand, Seattle, Chicago, Minneapolis and New York. It’s crazy. The one name though that keeps popping up, all over the world and in so many ways, is George Soros.

1 Like

I believe in people’s right to discriminate, within certain limits. I don’t believe in discrimination, but people have a right to be stupid and ignorant. Let the community decide with their wallets who they will patronize. I brought up the police not because the business shouldn’t have the right, but because the rights ought to apply to everyone. If the bike shop can discriminate, so can the baker. But the usual Lib Hypocrisy overrules any such fair application of law or precedent.

1 Like

Who?

All of us, mostly from indifference to human misery and loneliness.

there is a rooster who interrupts rest…

And there it is.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Breach of contract. If they wanted to refuse service to the police department, they should never have bid on and/or signed the contract.

2 Likes

I’d say it’s a societal failure to raise a generation of children properly. And now we are dealing with the results.

3 Likes

I disagree. Libs are here on this board.

If it was other way around…

1 Like

No it wasn’t.

serving largely elite white college students

This is not true. That’s one of the most expensive neighborhoods to live in the state, downtown behind the federal courthouse.

Also, Lance Armstrong owns(ed?) it.

I think the reality of the premier bike shop with tour pro mechanics and salesmen that is next to the federal courthouse, breaking it’s relationship with local pd, is much more interesting than creating a fiction about “serving largely elite white college students”

Who is behind the current unrest? Martians. Well, Martian Republicans.

Largely young white adults.

Seems I see more of those god awful WE Believe signs in wealthy white enclaves like Hopkinton & Westborough than in rural communities like Grafton & Northbridge.

Speaking of bike shops canceling contracts with police departments, is the bike shop in the linked article associated with disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong? I heard in the same city he cancelled contracts to repair bicycles used by the Austin Police Department. What a horse’s ass!

I disagree with your assessment.

Logic and compromise is forced via the US Constitution.

The founding fathers foresaw how “political” division is in simple terms a reality into perpetuity.

Amendments to this document allows adjustments of injustices or outdated laws to be corrected over time too.

For example, even in the midst of this pandemic, Congress has risen above their differences to pass legislation in a bi-partisan fashion.

As to the topic of this post:

Who is behind the current unrest?

In my humble opinion, it’s the general election fast approaching.

And the unrest is likely not going to subside until Presidential results are declared either.

A manifesto is a published declaration of the intentions, motives, or views of the issuer, be it an individual, group, political party or government. Wikipedia

"Dear Austin

In the context of the current evaluation of community policing in Austin, we have decided to no longer purchase, re-sell, and service police-issue Trek bikes and accessories under a City of Austin RFP the shop was previously awarded.

We regret not publicizing our decision before it was presented by others on social media. It’s difficult in these times to balance the needs of a business and a community. Our entire employee group was engaged in this dialogue and we delved deep into our community to understand how we could best do our part to keep our customers safe and this city moving in the right direction. These are certainly trying times and we understand people will object to any decision made along these lines.

Businesses can no longer be non-participants in the communities they serve. We chose what we think will do the most to suture these divides and place our community on the right side of history. We have had to make these choices before when we felt companies whose products we sold put kids at schools at risk of violence. We lost sales due to this choice. We also saw our former vendors later divest of holdings and we’ve returned to selling these products. We will live with the choices our customers make if they want to buy bikes and bike products somewhere else.

We are committed to the city of Austin and the community of cyclists that we serve every day.

We are not anti-police. We do believe our local police force will protect us from the very threats we are receiving right now.We wish this entire community peace and progress and togetherness at the conclusion of these trying times. And we intend to be a part of the discourse, struggle, and growth for Austin, as we have since we opened our doors in 2008."

Do young or old people ride bikes?
Do young wealthy people go to college?
Are young wealthy people in college properly considered “elite”?

That’s not the least bit true.

1 Like

i agree that, those that are politically active and involved, get caught up in the tribal aspects of politics. Which means us. We are in the minority. Most people are not that involved, or aware of what is going on.

The “Sports Center” like approach the cable news channels use to “report” the new is also a problem.

1 Like

I concur. 40 years of conservative economic policy, around the globe, is the catalyst for today’s issues.

People who have enough income to provide for themselves/family, tend to not want to violently protest and loot.

When there is blatant issues of inequality, that also causes many people to get involved. Eventually.

Indeed. An oldie, but a reliable goodie.

That is a good thing.

Until enough white people stand up to call out the racism that still permeates our society…Nothing will change. MLK knew this as well.