Who has taken the vaccine in America as of now real stats CDC

Assuming that’s the case what exactly do you want the government to do, use the military to hunt people down by political affiliation and force vaccination by gun point?

1 Like

Vaccine availability is much different now than early on. We just had our son vaccinated at a Walgreens about 10 minutes away.

By race.

1 Like

…and political affiliation.

That report doesn’t know the political afiliation.

What? Who is proposing that? Straw man in top form.

You find out what is driving hesitancy within the party and try to address it. Hopefully from people within the party itself. The same thing you do for virtually every other demographic.

Sure. Whatever statistically significant demographic people want to use.

Doesn’t mean it isn’t in the mix when the narrative/implication is being spoken.

The most irrelevant characteristic of all. Yet the one we always know.

You look at the demographic. If there is a common theme as to vaccine hesitancy then potentially you can address it. If there is no common theme in a demographic you move on.

We have never moved on from race. Not for one second.

2 Likes

There is more than one way to look at race. It doesn’t have to be a politically charged topic in every instance. There are associations with health and medical conditions between the races. Sickle cell disease is almost entirely in the black population. Cystic fibrosis is almost entirely in whites. Is that association irrelevant or racist? If you were going to do community education on those diseases would you do so for the races that are most impacted? First line blood pressure medication in blacks is calcium channel blocker or thiazide diuretic. In whites it’s ARB or ACE inhibitor. Blacks have better outcomes with those medications. The same for whites. Is the prescriber racist for giving a drug which works better by race?

1 Like

Adding in the “trump voters by who like trump the most” was a nice touch with the NBC “poll”. I’ll bet libs the nation over have white knuckles from holding on to it. lol

4 Likes

Is it because they are that race? Race is a social construct.

Great, Oscar De La Hoya has been hospitalized with the WuFlu despite being fully vaccinated and now he’s not gonna be able to get punched in the face by Vitor Belfort. :frowning_face:

Race can be a social construct where individuals are grouped based on shared physical qualities. Those same shared physical qualities can also make disease processes differ. So yes, it is based on race.

I disagree.

Maybe in the beginning but not now. Walmart and our biggest grocery store chain, as well as chain pharmacies like Walgreens, have been giving shots for months. Even in rural Texas, I doubt there are many people more than an hour from a vaccine location, and most quite a lot closer. My guess is that if people don’t have the shot by now, it’s because they choose not to.

You must disagree with the American College of Cardiology. Their hypertension guidelines are filled with race.

For an adult 45 years of age without hypertension, the 40-year risk for developing hypertension is 93% for African Americans, 92% for Hispanics, 86% for whites, and 84% for Chinese adults. In 2010, hypertension was the leading cause of death and disability-adjusted life-years worldwide, and a greater contributor to events in women and African Americans compared with whites.

Race/ethnicity: In African American adults with hypertension but without HF or CKD, including those with DM, initial antihypertensive treatment should include a thiazide-type diuretic or CCB. Two or more antihypertensive medications are recommended to achieve a BP target of <130/80 mm Hg in most adults, especially in African American adults, with hypertension.

I do.