Who has done more for America and for the Middle Class, this group or Liberal Politicians?

Capitalism has done more for America, it has produced millionaires, billionaires and a middle class that beats any other middle class in the world. Politicians especially liberal Democrat pols do nothing but make a BIG Government mess!

Politicians are responsible for the middle class.

2 Likes

regulated capitalism, America has never had pure capitalism.

Agreed it was a long time ago. But the basics of the economy is pretty much the same.

Globalization is certainly a factor, but for much of the job losses due to globalization, there have been markets opened up to American companies that we could never sell to back then.

Well regulated capitalism can protect the middle class from some of the ill effects of globalization. It will never be perfect, and there will always be big winners, and sadly, many losers. Which is why social safety nets are needed to respond to an ever changing economy.

I have always wondered how Wyatt’s shareholders felt about his actions.

Why do Republican love Atlas Shrugged it pushes a philosophy in which they would have zero control over the government, the government would be totalitarian controlled by elite and educated there would be zero democracy.

same with libertarians, the lack of “Government” doesn’t existence, but government has to exist in society someone has to make the rules all your doing is taking the power from the people and giving it to the elite.

1 Like

We choose who we honor, who have you chosen?

:rofl: calling Charlie Goodnight “a cattle guy” is like calling Ty Cobb a “baseball guy”. He was a man of vision.

No I didn’t. I asked for the differences. How are they more relevant?

You’re responsible for yourself.

who makes sure the coal mine isn’t contaminating the drinking water.
government is important.

Why do you think he had any?

Name a major business without shareholders.

There is a link in the OP.

Name the year the novel was written.

It’s heavily implied. Shrug. I’m an actual started from the bottom self made man, so in a group I split gratitude with me, me and me.

even 1900’s Barons had investors.

Twenty years after the era it is apparently set in?

1 Like

A couple of years after Jonas Salk invented the Polio vaccine.

I have wondered what would have happened if John Galt cured Polio.

So what?

for people who hated and rejected the concept of class based society, they sure romanticize Americanized feudalism, the only difference is the rich people don’t directly control the government they give the poor people the illusion of democracy.