Who has done more for America and for the Middle Class, this group or Liberal Politicians?

I think at least count both medicaid cover collectively had just under 1/3? With over half of the total population being covered by private but I could be slightly off.

You’re crawfishing. Do you deny that some are visionaries, but most are not?

What keeps the producers among us?

Do you know who Charles Goodnight was and what he did?

Don’t liberal politicians always make the claim that the wealthy don’t do enough or pay their fair share?

1 Like

Here’s a good example:

Nowhere did I use or imply the word thankful.

Is it? What is reductionist about that question?

I think a philosopher should be taken as a whole: rather than picking segments that support one’s preferences.

What I truly find hilarious in Atlas Shrugged" is Rand’s view of innovation – as flowing form an individual who then names products and company after himself. Nobody innovates in that fashion in the Information Age.

He knows that, he’s invoking emotions.

Or how she became enthralled by a real-life American serial killer, William Edward Hickman, which inspired her novels.

Of course there are visionaries.

But visionaries don’t exist in a vacuum. They are not ubermenchen. We are not honored by the presence, and owe them no worship.

He was a cattle guy. That’s all I know.

Everything.

You reduce the comparison between the two situations to the aspects that they have in common, and ignore the far more relevant differences between them.

Personally I wouldn’t advocate worshipping any human being. Would you have rather I reworded it “who would rather worship, this group or liberal politicians?”

So you await perfection. Which philosopher do you prefer?

No? Ford Motor Company? When was Atlas Shrugged written? You didn’t get the message either. Which of the characters did anything alone? Which one was different than Steve Jobs?

It was implied.

:rofl: I asked for the difference. Read what you wrote again. Think about the word reductionism.

It was assumed.

:rofl:

Of course. It was just a polite question, and had no political worldview behind it.

You weren’t desperately wanting a “gotcha”.

I believe you.

1 Like

You should stop assuming. Especially that my motivations are the same as yours.

What does that have to do with reductionism? I gave you an opportunity to think big, what did you do?

You should stop pretending that they’re not.

Everything.

Cardinal rule - repeated use of the same meme means it loses potency, esp if you use it more than once in the same week.