Who else uses an Insta-Pot?

We use ours almost every day, even if it’s just for rice, and have a great low cal keto cookbook that is slowly helping me lose my massive gut.

You should buy one.

I’m not getting paid for this endorsement, but I should be.

I use mine quite a bit.

Easiest way to get your boiled eggs just right.

I don’t use it every day but do use it very often.

I got one for Christmas a couple years ago and haven’t taken the time to figure out how to use it. The instructions are like the operators manual to the space shuttle. Guess it’s time for some YouTube research.

It’s not really that difficult if you just remember it’s basically a pressure cooker made easy.

It’s more about getting the times down for what you are cooking.

I either look up in the manual for times or just do a quick Google search.

Don’t be intimidated. :blush:

1 Like

If you make hardboiled eggs in the insta-pot, they are always easy to peel.

2 Likes

I don’t buy foreign manufactured products whenever possible. I support American jobs and have a Crock-Pot multi-cooker

3 Likes

I have a pressure cooker and a slow cooker but not the combination.

I recently changed from an electric stove to gas and it makes all of the difference in the world as to how things come out. Rice is so much less soggy.

That reminds me… Gotta do some of those.

My pressure cooker scares the crapola out of me. I put it on my patio, hit start and run.

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

Any video by chance?

2 Likes

DMK gives RT the stink eye. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I used it basically everyday to start cooking

(1) Wings - fall off the bone after ten mins; add sauce and throw ong rill or under broiler
(2) Ribs - same as 1
(3) Rice - 3 mins + heat up time and 10 mins depressurize
(4) Potatoe - mash or prep for roasted

I can do this all day. Best gadget like ever.

Canadians!

1 Like

It’s great when you are in a hurry or have to cook from the freezer at the last minute.

I own a pan that was designed to be a frying pan but I use it for anything I cook on the stove top.

2 Likes

Ha.

I have a cast iron like that.

I started using it for sous vide

I got an Insta-Pot as a gift a few years ago. I have probably used it 3 or 4 times. To be fair, it is the smallest size unit, so doesn’t have that much utility for me.

I generally use a good old fashioned pressure cooker.

Oh god you use a stove top don’t you

Gas. :smile:

It’s really handy for cooking meats during the hot months. The handiest part is not needing to make sure anything is defrosted first.

2 Likes

I use mine 3-4 times per week.

• Dried beans cook ten times faster
  • It’s better than my rice cooker, especially for brown rice
  • Great for getting a fast roast done for Barbacoa or carnitas
  • I have a great bourbon brown sugar carrot thing that I’m always doing

When it comes to hunks of meat, you can’t beat a smoker or a 5 hour braise in a le creuset, but when it comes to cranking out something on a weeknight, it’s fantastic.

And when you wiggle the lid on correctly, it gives a happy series of beeps that lets me know I did something good.

1 Like