White Supremacist gets life plus 419 years in deadly Charlottesville car attack

“Fields, an avowed white supremacist who kept a photo of Adolf Hitler on his bedside table, drove from his home in Maumee, Ohio, to attend the rally, which drew hundreds of white nationalists to Charlottesville to protest the planned removal of a statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee. The event also drew counterprotesters who demonstrated against the white nationalists.”

Wouldn’t you hate to be on that side of history? Liking Adolf Hitler and defending people who fought for slavery.

That’s just messed up. Makes me wonder about his parents.

He was already convicted on federal charges so this is fairly symbolic.

Imagine waking up every day to defend a man who thinks someone like James Fields is a fine person.

2 Likes

And yet, the “Love it or Leave it” mood is getting closer and closer…

The sad part is that there are enough people who defend this guy, that it is dangerous.

Good.

They’ll be here shortly…

Anybody on this board?

Never made that claim.

There are some darker corners of the internet that we all know about where they lurk though.

1 Like

There has been at least one poster here who said that Heather should have stayed home that day and she’d still be alive. Certainly placing the blame for her death squarely on her shoulders and not this scumbag’s.

I simply asked a question.

I’ll infer from your answer that you are saying nobody on this board does.

And I agree that the corners of society who defend this guy are a danger to our society. And to humanity.

1 Like

Your conclusion that such a statement defends the killer is a stretch.

People who choose to inject themselves into certain situations (such as rioting) DO place themselves at risk, but that does not exonerate the killer.

1 Like

Heather Heyer was not rioting.

I didn’t make the claim.

But who knows… the day is young.

and another who tried to argue that the killer was trying to defend himself from the crowd and did not intentionally accelerate into them.

1 Like

I said she injected herself into the situation. I didn’t say she was rioting herself. Trouble was afoot. In my opinion people who got out of there were smart. Others chose to wade into it.

Link?

Peaceful protest is as American as apple pie. We shouldn’t allow Nazis to intimidate us and deny our right to peaceful assembly.

1 Like

Ignoring hate is not really seen as a viable option for a lot of people. They believe, and rightfully so, that it must be confronted unless we wish to see it spread to the disastrous levels we have seen it do so in the past.

Let’s be fair, Trump never called that particular guy a fine person. He said that there were fine people on both sides, he didn’t call anyone specifically one.

1 Like

Fine people don’t march with NAZIs

2 Likes