White Privilege? Nah...can't be

Kind of sounds like a Henry Louis Gates situation doesn’t it?

Fiery and mostly peaceful protests then.

Taking inventory at 1 AM when they had not seen him do that before.

He should have overlooked the mistake and used the opportunity to build a positive relationship with the officers.

How hard is it to show ID and prove it is your business in a constructive manner?

Does it make a better story that a white neighbor came to the rescue or does it embarrass the store owner that he could not prove he was in his own store without help?

Once again odd…

Cops came to my house when I was in my twenties, neighbor reported me breaking in through an upstairs window, forgot my keys. Made me prove I lived there. So, I did and thanked them for keeping an eye on my property. I am white.

Stuff like that happens a lot.

Alarm goes off…new employee doesn’t know code…cops need to sort it out.

No reason to get all outraged and put out.

I would not give that business six months to stay open now.

Due mostly to the attitude of the owner.

:man_shrugging:t3:

Call me stupid, but they were the same cops I relied on to show up when the homeless guy is in the back yard again. Why on earth would I get mad at them for trying to protect my property? Makes zero sense.

1 Like

No alarm went off.

Good gawd man…if you cant see that blatant racism…I do not know what to tell you.

You have yet to say a thing beyond store store owner struggles to prove he is not a thief.

With an impressive linky link.

Everything was fine, as soon as the white guy vouched for him.

:man_shrugging:

That doesn’t make sense.

Why was the white guy there also at 1 AM?

Does the white guy endorse checks and secure inventory for the guy too?

Did the business owner forget his ID or a copy of the store lease?

This narrative makes the business owner look bad no matter how its presented.

Sad to see race used as a crutch when you don’t even have a limp in your step.

This is some classic 50’s era of racism right here. Black man in a nice town, that’s mostly white, accosted, and being demanded to show his papers, then a white guy comes by and vouches for him, and the police just leave.

After all that, and demanding proof that he belonged there, the police got no proof and just left, all from word of a random white guy.

4 Likes

If you are not going to bother reading the story, I am not going to waste my time discussing with you.

I’m glad ‘narrative’ made it into Conservapedia.

Except here they literally just took the word of some random white dude without question.

1 Like

Don’t tell them about Jacques Derrida.

It’s Lacan that worries me.

Bad enough Rene Girard made it from the Droite Nouvelle to the alt-right.

California seems to have a racism problem.

Population 9,000. I find it hard to believe they hadn’t met.

1 Like

Ok, ok, ok…I keep hearing from libs that the buck stops with Trump but when I point out that those in charge of this chaos and destruction are actually Democrats…it’s excuse, after excuse, after excuse…just like you just did. Now it’s about the cops? Who hired them? Who decided they were the best ones to enforce the laws? Why is it that when libs are at fault…and there’s no denying it…that somehow…it’s always…different…amirite? :sunglasses:

Let me tell you about something that happened just this year. I have a friend who owns green houses Her father fell and broke his hip. She asked me to lite the heaters in the green houses every night since it was mid March and nights were still getting down below freezing.
I lite the fires for 10 nights. On 5 of those nights the local police came to the green house stopped me and asked me what I was doing there. I told them what I was doing and why. They did not just take my word for what I was doing they called my friend all 5 times and asked if I was suppose to be in the green houses.
I did not take it that they were racist.

1 Like

What about Asian privilege? They earn more than whites in America, maybe that’s why they don’t complain so much. I am a software developer I have worked for a fortune 100 company and two Fortune 500 companies as a software developer. This is my current lunch hall before we where all sent to work from home from COVID-19.

this isn’t Mumbai but Seattle. Where are the diversity police? Were is the white privilege? I know I live in a different work environment than most but as in I.T. Engineer your not going to see the white privilege we here all the time about from activists.

I have had to sit it countless mock interviews with good qualified candidates who were no way going to get hired because we can bring a person in from Mumbai to do there job for 1/3rd the price without having to pay a single benefit. I would love to see both the left and right go after this madness.

How far down the hole does this go? If a DPW employee in a “liberal city” gets drunk on the job and takes out a few people with his truck, is that the Mayors and Governor’s fault as well?