White privilege: Can we agree on this much?

Do wealthy people enjoy a benefit of the doubt?

:wink: Your job is harder.

1 Like

A couple of years back, I was driving down a country road when up ahead, a state trooper had someone pulled over. I was driving a red corvette and it didn’t have a tag. As I went by, I looked in the mirror and he ran from that car, jumped into his cruiser in hot pursuit. The road’s shoulders had just been scraped so there was a ledge too big for the car’s ground clearance. I couldn’t pull over for about half a mile. When I did, I heard through his loud speaker…“put your hands out of the car”! Guess what I did? I put down the driver’s window and had both hands and head, up to my shoulders…out of the car. The officer peacefully came to me…I respectfully told him my story and was on my way.

That’s all true and exactly how it went. I say this because this very situation, could have been aggravated by me, not following orders and brought this a whole different direction. I’m conscious of this and so I ask, why would I want to go this way?

Why did you have to put your hands out of the car and he didn’t?

Why does it have to go anyway? Why did he stop you?

The UK has a history of class discrimination; White working-class people face discrimination on multiple levels while basking in their “privilege”:

…because the fact that I have no license plate…increases the probability the car was stolen. The situation was exacerbated because I didn’t immediately pull over. He didn’t know about the lack of ground clearance that I was concerned about. I could have very well lost the entire exhaust system and busted an oil pan, had I complied, so I didn’t.

God I hope so. I hope democrats come down with a case of racial fatigue and quit constantly pushing this crap.

Because there are no political points to score if they do.

:rofl: No it doesn’t.

And he could have shot you for a traffic violation. And gotten away with it.

Did you steal the car?

…so following his instructions at that point…makes perfect sense, doesn’t it?

No…I owned the car but I didn’t screw on a tag.

Cool rathole!

No, it doesn’t. Not having a plate is a traffic violation. That’s why he chased you down and pulled you over. Not because he thought the car was stolen.

There was nothing to indicate your car was stolen - because it wasn’t.

Knight
Serf

How did you prove it wasn’t stolen? How did you live?

Would it have gone the same way had you been black?

You accept blue privilege, yet reject the existence of white privilege?

Blue privilege is voluntary by me…as you are indicating you do not give blue privilege. Do you allow for white privilege? I can honestly say, I don’t.

If everything is equal…IMO yes.

He knew who I was and what I do and that involves both tags, the often transfer of tags and cars.

What do you mean “I don’t”? Privilege isn’t something you “allow”.

He let you go without proof?