White insurrectionists attack federal agents

They are burning government buildings to force policy change.

3 Likes

Violence breeds violence.
Portland has become a series of groups on the left and right attacking each-other getting more extreme with each attack.

A point where the anti becomes the thing (or just like it) they were against.

3 Likes

No, that’s rarely the case. It makes for a good either/or, but like most either/ors, it’s hardly material.

Balderdash, it is for all practical purposes always the case.

Power, once gained, must be consolidated and quickly or it is lost.

I honestly can’t believe you posted that.

A bad read of history, yours. A dialectical-materialist, Leninite read, in fact, where synthesis and antithesis merge into a new unity.

:rofl: going to stick with it? Have a nice evening.

No, i think Hegelianism - all its variants - is schlock mysticism.

Because the idiots at the capitol trespassed, broke some windows and got shot while the idiots at Portland tried to burn down a Federal building to stop the functioning of the Federal government?

3 Likes

Insurrection means “a violent uprising by a group or movement acting for the specific purpose of overthrowing the constituted government and seizing its powers. An insurrection occurs where a movement acts to overthrow the constituted government and to take possession of its inherent powers.” Insurrection Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc.

Arguably the establishment of the autonomous zones in Seattle was an insurrection as well as attempting to destroy ICE and prevent it from functioning.

Insurrections do not require a shirtless guy in a buffalo hat.

4 Likes

both tried to stop the function of the government.
they are both bad people.

let stop pretending violence is a partisan issue.

It’s Portland three hours south from here, I spent a lot of time there you would be safer being openly trans than openly republican there.

Again they are not fighting fascists they are the fascists to a certain extent the way they carry on and quiet often shut down opposing views and stifle speech that is part of what the fascists did.

3 Likes

So when is Biden going to act and offer support to stop the insurrection in Portland and the looting in Minnesota?

Sleepy Joe isn’t a cute euphemism now…he needs to wake up and be a leader.

2 Likes