White House warns against violations of human rights in Kazakhstan protests

RT is an American cable channel. We don’t have to imagine.

Oh. I missed where I said that. :man_shrugging:

The shoot was bad. There were cops in gear standing by the door talking to her and the rioters before the rioters broke the window. I am sure they didn’t warn them of being shot but may be just may be were asked to disperse. It’s on video too btw.

But tweeting or ads on Facebook are interference?

1 Like

Perhaps Putin can start a campaign to end abuse of political prisoners in US gulags?

1 Like

RT is a registered channel and if i am not mistaken they are a registered foreign agent

Bot farms are not.

If you took five minutes to read up what was done to Russian opposition protestors you would be singing a different tune. But may be not.

Oh and given your desire to protect rights for pre trial detainees, i hope to see you in the thread about A Manhattan DA trying to reduce pre trial detention because of how terrible it is.

Yes, RT is owned by the Russian government.

In contrast, US corporate media and social media are merely government-controlled.

1 Like

No they are not. They are controlled by people who have bias. That’s just as big of an issue as government control

Yes, Russia released its unarmed women protestors after 22 months in prison for hooliganism. None of them was shot dead without warning.

1 Like

No shooting and poisoning is mostly reserved for the opposition leaders. The women are subject to torture and rape. Totes the same.

The relationship between US corporate media and the government is very similar to that of Russian oligarchs and the Russian government. In both cases they are nominally independent, but they know better than to cross the government about important issues.

If you doubt that, consider how an alliance of government-sanctioned tech monopolies took down Parler to enforce election-related censorship. If the similar thing happened in the Russia, Democrats would be condemning the obvious violations of civil liberties, but instead Democrats are demanding even more aggressive censorship.

By government, I mean the surveillance state. The main difference between the US and Russia is that Putin appears to be in firm control the successors to the KGB in Russia. In the US, it not clear that Biden can control his own bowels much less the surveillance state.

1 Like

I agree with oligarchs but not government. An argument can be made that it is a distinction without a difference

The rest of your post is pure sillyness. You want that strongman.

Whole thing is about fuel prices.

1 Like

Which were already dropped again

I mean a dude set himself on fire on Tattooine because his taxes were too high and the whole Middle East is still on fire ten years later.

Yes. In the US, perceived enemies of the state have a nasty habit of committing suicide in prison.

In Russia, enemies of Putin tend to fall out of open windows or suffer odd problems with food poisoning.

The left wing US media is quite clearly joined at the hip with the democrat party.

I consider that an ominous thing for the country. Too many similarities to the Russian press.

The culture is different over there. They tend to be fatalistic types who take abuse from their governments that seems insane to us but when they get riled up they aren’t all mouth like Americans.

They will burn that ■■■■■■■ government to the ground. They will tear that president and his family apart with their bare hands
If they get ahold of them. They will use human wave charges to overwhelm cops firing into them as they rush. Did you ever see what the Ukranians did at Donbas.

1 Like