White house official mocks dying McCain

Either she reported it to the press or Meghan McCain (more likely) did. I think rather than pour more salt on the wounds, I’d want to close this episode for the good of all concerned.

From the movie A Matter of Life and Death, about nurse and thanatologist Joy Ufema:

“Either one is alive or dead, and if dead, the morgue needs to be notified.”

I agree 100% with that line.

The remark should never have been made.

1 Like

The president is responsible for everyone that works for him. That’s how it works. The guy at the top is responsible for those under him.

Dang. Spend a Mother’s Day with the family and get accused of running off. Not surprising.

Good for you and your family.
My mother was one of those you referred to that needed to die off to help you with that problem of transgenders in the military. I’m sure she would not have approved. But your goal is just a little closer now with her gone.

Now all four service chiefs have said they are okay with trans people - #6 by CaughtInTheMiddle

tell me again … who else needs to die off so that there is more support for transsexuals in the military?

And how is your comment any different than the one that Kelly Sadler made about McCain?

Acting intentionally obtuse is very troll-ey of you. Everyone here knows CITM was not calling for people to die. Good gravy man. He was making the very accurate claim that new generations of people often times are more accepting of change, and as new generations come into existence, old generations leave this world, then in turn often times change occurs as a result. But you knew that.

1 Like

Dang. Say you spent Mother’s Day with the family and get THAT ^.

Not surprising.

Thanks for saving me the energy.

1 Like

Meghan McCain isn’t okay with it. She wants the public apology she was promised. Is she being ordered not to apologize from the top? It would be so easy, I’m straining to find an explanation as to why she doesn’t do it.

I wouldn’t hold your breath on a public apology from Sadler or the White House.

Please post some evidence where Kelly Sadler CALLED ON MCCAIN TO DIE.

“We always fix these idiotic problems but so often it’s only after certain groups of people die off.”

certainly sounds a lot like

“It doesn’t matter. He’s dying anyway” when referring to McCain’s opposition to Haspel.

that apology must be reeeeealy hard for you.

Doubling down on the intentionally obtuse approach. That’s something, I guess.

1 Like

…and I’m not holding my breath on an apology from the decency squad.

Apology for what? Apologizing that you’re trolling and intentionally conflating issues in a troll-like fashion?

Here you go. I’m sorry you’re acting like a troll and pretending to be obtuse.

Happy?

2 Likes

How does an aide apologize to the public? Stand out on the lawn and yell “I apologize”? Once the apology was made public, it was a public apology. Or, if not, then the original “joke” was never made public.

The real thing is this is a lame gotcha attack on Trump, who had nothing to do with the statement to begin with.

I wonder if that’s what Kelly Sadler said to Meghan McCain.

ummmm… I doubt it.

Are you seriously acting as if you do not know how a public official can make a public statement of apology? Or are you just trolling people here Doug. I cannot tell if you are trying at humor here or what exactly?

No, the real thing here is that what was said was vile and disgusting and directed from a position of hatred, which is what this administration is becoming known for. Had Sadler came out and made a short press release apologizing for her comment, then this would have ended the day it started. Since the White House, under the management of Trump, opted not to do such, then of course it has morphed into what it is now, still being discussed and is another blemish on the Trump administration as a whole. It is another, in an ever growing list, of self-inflicted wounds.

As for leaks in this White House, here is an interesting article describing the behavior that is fostered and encouraged in this administration.