White House Counsel Don Mcgahn Cooperating with Mueller

Oh snap boys.

Mr. McGahn and his lawyer, William A. Burck, could not understand why Mr. Trump was so willing to allow Mr. McGahn to speak freely to the special counsel and feared Mr. Trump was setting up Mr. McGahn to take the blame for any possible illegal acts of obstruction, according to people close to him. So he and Mr. Burck devised their own strategy to do as much as possible to cooperate with Mr. Mueller to demonstrate that Mr. McGahn did nothing wrong.

Oh snap.

It is not clear that Mr. Trump appreciates the extent to which Mr. McGahn has cooperated with the special counsel. The president wrongly believed that Mr. McGahn would act as a personal lawyer would for clients and solely defend his interests to investigators, according to a person with knowledge of his thinking.

In fact, Mr. McGahn laid out how Mr. Trump tried to ensure control of the investigation, giving investigators a mix of information both potentially damaging and favorable to the president. Mr. McGahn cautioned to investigators that he never saw Mr. Trump go beyond his legal authorities, though the limits of executive power are murky.

Oooooooooh snap.

2 Likes

Ooooh snap.

There goes the smoking gun. The president did only what he was able to legally. So that doesn’t = obstruction.

The quotes better if you quote the whole thing.

In fact, Mr. McGahn laid out how Mr. Trump tried to ensure control of the investigation, giving investigators a mix of information both potentially damaging and favorable to the president. Mr. McGahn cautioned to investigators that he never saw Mr. Trump go beyond his legal authorities, though the limits of executive power are murky.

Controlling an investigation into yourself? That would be Obstruction.

1 Like

Inside the counsel’s office, lawyers feared that on the recommendation of Mr. Dowd and Mr. Cobb, the White House was handing Mr. Mueller detailed instructions to take down the president and setting a troubling precedent for future administrations by giving up executive privilege.

Mr. McGahn decided to fully cooperate with Mr. Mueller. It was, he believed, the only choice he had to protect himself.

This is amazing. Every part of it.

I wonder when we will hear Mcgahn was really nothing more than a coffee boy.

It’s been said, Trump would cooperate with Mueller if…he was innocent? I guess this answers the question in enquiring minds?

Let me know when Trump sits down for an interview with Mueller.

1 Like

Not speaking to the subject. But as to logic - what you said and what the quote you responded to mean are not the same.

The fact that Person A said “I never saw Person B do anything illegal” does not mean that Person B didn’t do anything illegal, just that Persion A didn’t see it. Just because Person A didn’t witness anything doesn’t mean there are not other witnesses, correspondence, audio tapes, or video tapes of Person B robbing a 7-11.

.>>>>

1 Like

Comey swore under oath that he told Trump that he was not a target of the investigation.

drip…drip…drip…

1 Like

It’s odd that such things need to be explained to reasonably intelligent people. I think they play the trump game of muddying the waters.

Breadcrumbs.

Yes but he was fired. Which began the Mueller probe. Whiopsiedaisy

At that time… lots of changed since then

Not if everything you are doing is legal.

Guys. Chill. The New York shyster stopped being a crook when he became a politician.

I don’t think an action has to be illegal in and of itself in order to qualify as obstruction. For example, it’s not illegal to call someone on the phone, but doing that got Manafort in hot water due to obstruction concerns.

dang mobile I fat fingered the delete

I expect this to be rationalized and minimized by Trumpers as per usual.

Bottom line there is a lot we do not know, let Mueller work.

1 Like

I guess this means that Mueller’s investigation is over. Let the healing begin.

Sorry libs. I guess you can go back to your caves now.

Has literally everyone (except his family) turned on Trump? His inner circle is filled with people who obviously loathe him and have turned on him with little remorse. The only one who seems like he hasn’t is Manafort- who likely thinks his best bet is a pardon.