White Evangelical Protestants are one of Trump’s most loyal constituencies

Not on abortion. I’m firmly anti abortion. My disgust is over evangelicals selling out many Christian morals over one issue.

We must be reading different things. I read and then re-read the post you are replying to. And it just doesn’t say what you are saying it says at all.

Yeah, I’m not sure how what I said could be interpreted that way either. Maybe I didn’t explain myself well enough

As established in the Caravan thread by posts the mods deleted, can we keep religion out of political threads, please?

Thanks!

1 Like

Actually, it looks like maybe this whole thread is going to be deleted, huh?

Which is strange… especially when religious belief is the motivation for political action.

Remember how Republicans never brought up what church Obama went to? His religious beliefs were never questioned.

Communication on social media can be hard for some people. Be they on the writing side of the ledger or on the reading side of the ledger. Some people read what they want to believe something says rather than what it actually says.

The “situation” mentioned in the post was regarding abortion.

Remember when everyone was mad at Rev. Wright for speaking the truth?

1 Like

My dad didn’t save the worlds souls but he did save his buddy in the war. Is life less important than a soul?

I’ve never met anyone who has been to heaven either. So I don’t know whether I’d like it there or not. Maybe it’s all about strict rule following and piety. I’m not a fan of rules and am annoyed by holier than thou people. That doesn’t sound particularly pleasant to me.

The truth isn’t an insult. Not my fault if it hits a nerve.

I see what you did there.

1 Like

Once again THANKS for making my point!

I was actually replying to a post that mentioned “Jesus” so take your condemnations elsewhere! Thanks!!

In a later post I mentioned this whole thread should go since the Caravan thread seems to have set a precedent that we should not mix and match politics and religion.

Your point was that Evangelicals threw out the principles of the gospel to gain power? Cool, we are in agreement.

I don’t believe that’s a new standard. That makes no sense whatsoever. Politics and religion have been intertwined for a generation.

The mods deleted seceral posts in the Caravan thread after a poster mentioned we should keep religion out of politics.

I’m connecting dots.

As for this thread, it appears Evangelical Christians will embrace the most flawed of individuals as a means to an end. Trump tickles their ears and gives them what they want…they look the other way.

In other shocking news, water is wet.

Evangelicals as a group have been doing this for years.

And in aggregate, their behaviors are also no different than non-Christians.

Same divorce rate…same level of alcoholism…same levels of pre-marital sex and infidelity.

By no statistics of “moral behavior” are they “better performers” than non-Evangelicals.

Many Evangelical leaders have even sadly pointed this out.