While you were sleeping, NATO almost died

Proof? Like the names of the NATO country officers and civil servants I have had DIRECT dealings with? You are trying to imply that there is some organizational level threshold above which direct contact with NATO is possible and below which direct contact does not occur. That’s the tip-off to me that you are flailing. Like in most organizational relationships, Captains talk to Captains, engineers talk to engineers, managers talk to managers. I’ve been all three. I had some contact with people from SHAPE but if you are trying to suggest that anything less than contact with the top tier of NATO makes one’s credibility in this matter suspect, then you obviously have no clue. Furthermore, at all levels, when working with NATO information, one must be NATO briefed. After 40 years (on and off) of that you learn something about the relationship… especially when you also have relationships with non-NATO country counterparts to use as a comparison.

Add to that the common knowledge information that I provided earlier and you will (or should) conclude that you too should just stop with the challenge. NATO had a purpose at one time. Now it is neither necessary nor sufficient for any US national security needs. Whatever we need from any other country- or even from a NATO san US - can be negotiated without the US being a member.

Thinking that dealing with countries individually is the easier method is I know standard Trumpian logic, but it is entirely unfounded.

Who said easier? YOU. WHY? Is that argument EASIER for you to refute?

Try … less expensive. And now you can add that the mutual interests of the nations have fallen considerably to the point where the EU nations of NATO are working against our best interests economically and culturally.

It’s none of these…not easier nor cheaper nor does it work against our strategic interests.

So you’ve done your analysis. Please share. Show your work and your assumptions.

I wonder if libs know that Trump and Putin are meeting in Helsinki.

Hopefully Putin goes easy on him given you diagnosed him with mental illness.

You don’t need to go easy on someone with BPD.

So if you listen to Libs… Finland has no defense agreements with the countries that are NATO members since FINLAND IS NOT A MEMBER.

LIBS…What sophomoric wannabees.

Sure you do. You said yourself, they need “reasonable accommodations”. I’m hopeful Putin provides such accommodations given his incurable affliction.

They need reasonable accommodations from their employer. That’s us.

But Putin might find that pushing Trump’s buttons won’t end well for him… not like pushing THIS button.

Actually BPD makes you prone to manipulation.

Our reasonable accomodation should be to keep Trump away from manipulators.

Some might. But they have their own psychological weaponry too.

Mostly temper tantrums.

It is called “rage”.

You have experience with such people?

Trump also seems to have to have “back up” girlfriends… another indicator. They fear abandonment.

Why not answer a direct question directly?

Are you an engineer? Or were you in a management position?

And, just out of curiosity - what company(s) did you work for that had such contact with NATO?

I do have experience. With people who actually carry the diagnosis. No one in their right mind would diagnose someone they haven’t actually evaluated.

Finland … not a NATO country.

But it has defense agreements with NATO.
One need not be a member to have defense agreements with NATO.

Wow, this is weird.

I’;m able to edit Call Me Ishamel’s post! (In fact just did!)

A glitch here somewhere!

turn off wiki btw

1 Like