While you were sleeping, NATO almost died

What a thing to wake up to.

Trump threw enough of a temper tantrum- sources conflict whether or not he actually threatened to leave - that an emergency NATO meeting was called. Whatever was said there seems to be enough to have placated him.

I hope you all realize that while you all slept, the entire modern world order very nearly was destroyed.

3 Likes

And for all of this chaos… basically nothing changed.

Trump needed to have any sort of win.

C’mon guys, give Trump credit for once! He got the other NATO countries to commit to 2% of GDP defence spending by 2024! Only the author of The Art of the Deal could have pulled that off!

Shame on you for not giving Trump any credit here.

5 Likes

And Putin is laughing hysterically at the uncertainty in his greatest obstacle out there, keeping him in check from achieving his broader ambitions and agenda.

We are barely 1.5 years into this. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Amazing. Simply amazing.

How is NATO checking anything while they’re financing him as individual countries?

1 Like

Lemme make sure I’ve got this right…Trump is holding each NATO member to what was agreed upon financially, scolding others who by placing their country’s energy requirements under the control of Russia…jeopardizes the strength of NATO…and this has libs lighting their hair on fire? OMG! Ok…continue on. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

You overplayed your pair of deuces.
You gonna double down on that now. I want to see that.

Back to reality.
THIS IS WONDERFUL!

"At one point, in a break with diplomatic protocol, a source said Mr Trump addressed German Chancellor Merkel by her first name and told her: “Angela, you need to do something about this.”

1 Like

So let me get this straight…Trump threw a tantrum, was placated when NATO committed to up their spend to 2%…a figure agreed upon four years ago…and you think he accomplished something?

1 Like

And also…while the German pipeline deal bears scutiny…if you think he did it because he’s worried Germany is sacrificing security to Russia…think again.

He’s worried about upsetting American companies’ plans to sell LNG to Europe…another pipeline would create enough of a NG glut to make such a proposition unprofitable.

Not necessarily a nad thing for the President to be doing…but it doesn’t make him a Russia hawk.

1 Like

I don’t think anything as been accomplished until every country pays their share…period.

5 Likes

How is “their share” determined?

…by what’s agreed upon.

The agreement from four years ago that is due in 2024? Then what the (&(& is he whining about?

President Trump is 100% correct on getting the 2%. 4% might be pushing it too much.

No matter the underlying reason the German pipeline deal with Russia does undermine NATO mission.

https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c4621.html

Should we first stop trade with Russia before condemning others for it as well?

1 Like

man it is nice to have a president who puts our interests first

How so? What about our trade with Russia?

Oh yeah, I forgot “World Order” is a phrase that triggers you snowflakes.

If NATO falls apart, the only benificiaries are China and Russia. Within 5 years, they would be the greatest powers in the world. We’d be a distant third (less if Trump keeps being insane as he is). The world would be vastly different- and much, much darker.

The age of America the Great has already died by Trumps hand. Now we are America Alone, and soon to be America Despised.

No, Trump threading to leave NATO jeapordizes the strength of NATO. I can’t beleive how obvious this manages to fail to be.