Where Trump dropped the ball on the Pandemic

The Chinese locked Wuhan down. They didn’t want our help.

Your post specifically says military boots on the ground.

You don’t get to shred the Constitution because you’re scared. ■■■■ the NSA.

1 Like

No, it wasn’t three months before his administration did anything. Most of those things I mentioned were done in January or early February.
NOw did he go out there personally and try to make test kits? No…the technicians and scientists are the ones that did it.

2 Likes

The difference is I backed mine up. With all due respect.

Of course they want Trump to act like the dictator they accuse him of being. It’s how they roll.

1 Like

Trump downplayed the threat. With his words and his actions. We are paying the price because of that.

2 Likes

Let me look for that Trump quote about “leadership”.

1 Like

Sorry. Not opinion.

“Free Michigan!”

His actions and words were horrific. Shameful.

1 Like

You are reading the OP wrong. I said “next” after the CDC isolated, I meant use the military for quarantines. That has been done many times in the past and quite effectively. They could also be used to distribute materials through their quartermaster abilities. Medics could run testing, the military would have definitely been a great help in the early days.

Definitely opinion. Unlike this incredibly well sourced breakdown of every single one of Trump’s failures from the beginning of this pandemic.

A desperate opinion. The Donald must never bear one shred of responsibility.

2 Likes

But you see… no better response could have happened by the President and that is why we have objectively the worst response of the Western World.

2 Likes

When it comes to Trump-lovers the buck always stops waaaaaaaay over ------------------------> there

2 Likes

The point is, there are two ways to address a pandemic. The first is containment, the second is mitigation.

Containment is heavy handed, it requires a robust response and it needs to be Federalized. The upside? If containment works, we are looking at mortality rates lower than the rest of the world. We never even had a chance for containment because the White House never pursued it to any extent.

Mitigation is what we got, and almost from the start. Yet still, no Federal leadership, no DPA for testing or PPE, and now we have the worst results in the modern industrial world.

3 Likes

It is truly astonishing. As if we are incapable of seeing the situation in every single country on the face of the planet, and then having the data and intellect to compare and contrast the results at the 8-month mark of this pandemic. To borrow a phrase…bonkers!

3 Likes

Donald Trump is still treating this pandemic as a :clown_face: show. Despicable.

5 Likes

This kind of leads me to the subject of reopening schools.

If reopening schools is a huge priority for the administration then it would seem like months ago the Department of Education would work with the CDC, the NiH, the DHS, the HHS, and the various States and localities to determine the necessary supplies and protocols that would have to be in place to be able to safely open schools on the timeline that was set and work to secure funding and supplies to make it happen.

But that would take work.

2 Likes

How did you draw this conclusion from my posts?