Where Trump dropped the ball on the Pandemic

That would be a state issue. Police power is retained by the state. If they cannot force you to wear a mask in North Carolina it is either because of their laws or politicians.
They are having no such problems here in Texas.

There is so much wrong with this story it’s almost not worth replying to.

1. We can’t force our way into China. The Chinese were kicking people out and had Wuhan locked off.

2. Did you really just say put US troops into China?

3. Shred the Constitution? The FBI? CIA? NSA? You must be joking.

Most of the rest of it is addressed here.

1 Like

I actually feel bad for all of the Governors here, GOP and Democrat alike. There is no way on God’s green earth they would ever have the capability to lock down a pandemic in their state and procure PPE and testing equipment, as well as coordinate contact tracing.

They are supposed to see to paving the roads and running schools, not interpreting epidemiology and virology. We have people who do that, and they work for the Federal Government.

1 Like

You mean the DPA?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/memorandum-order-defense-production-act-regarding-3m-company/

April- yippee.

Also addressed here.

N95’s are for caregivers…so this response to what I said is moot.

No interpreting was done by any governor. They have state health departments to do that. And the CDC did it. Every epidemiologist and virologist in the world did it.

1 Like

I mean, let’s say there was on that was bi-partisan and outlined steps and actions that could taken and reviewed all the different laws both state and local.

How could a busy man like Trump, or his administration, in the middle of a impeachent been expected to find that??

It’s not like there is a magical system you could type in “pandemic playbook” and have it come up in seconds.

4 Likes

You expect the federal government to give you cloth face coverings?

“April!” was addressed in the thread I just gave you.

You should read the post. There’s a lot more than masks there.

1 Like

@toreyj01 You know who dropped the ball. This thread is horse ■■■■ .

2 Likes

Lets take these point by point:

1. Travel restrictions - Too late and too ineffective. We let thousand upon thousands in after the restrictions were put in place. Europe had no such restrictions and let the pandemic run wild there, yet it wasn’t until March that we restricted them from coming here. By then, New York was overrun.

2. CDC met with hospitals to inventory supplies (this was a bid lib talking point at one time but when Cuomo claimed not one in NY died due to lack of supplies that killed it) - Not so, in the dark days every state that was initially hit hard was reusing PPE such as N-95s. They are still in short supply. The DPA has never been used to produce PPE, if it had we would have been in much better shape. I was in one of those hot spots and supplies were sparse.

3. Mask production increased - This goes with your PPE post above. There were suppliers in the US who would have began production with an DPA order but it never came.

4. CDC works on developing test sets - The states should have never been asked to run testing. Never. This is not in the wheelhouse of local government and it never has been. At the least there should have been a coordinated effort between the Surgeon General and the state Surgeon Generals. When was the last time you heard from our Surgeon General? Its been months.

5. Work on virus vaccine begins - And this is one thing I think the Trump administration has done well, ordering potential vaccines ahead of time in lieu of Phase III trials.

6.CDC meets with governors to talk about how to react if the virus spreads, including social distancing - And this messaging has been consistently undermined by the President. He was the one talking about “Liberate Michigan” when the Governor was following CDC guidelines to the letter. TO THE LETTER.

He is the one who refused to wear a mask despite the CDC guidelines. He purposefully weakened the CDC guidelines about reopening because he felt it was too strict. The CDC has been neutered in their response because of folks like Trump, Navarro and Mnuchin.

And Biden never decried banning travel from China, he decried making this about people from China, from calling it the “China Virus”, because there are US Citizens who are of Chinese descent who were and are being ostracized for something they have no part in.

Biden said, in the USA Today, on January 24th, 2020, that this was something we needed to act on, now. It would be almost 2 months before Trump did anything of note outside of the travel ban.

5 Likes

Amazing that nothing better could be done and we are looking at 180,000 deaths by next week and no end in sight of getting this thing under control.

1 Like

We didn’t have to force our way into China, we were already there. Trump pulled all the CDC folks stationed in China, including a team in Wuhan. We don’t need military in China, we need epidemiologists and bug hunters.

And as far as NSA goes, yes, if a pandemic is afoot all hands should be on deck for contact tracing and they have the best capabilities to trace movements and contacts. These are not normal times.

1 Like

Yes, brain fart. I corrected the OP.

We disagree. With all due respect.

2 Likes

The Chinese locked Wuhan down. They didn’t want our help.

Your post specifically says military boots on the ground.

You don’t get to shred the Constitution because you’re scared. ■■■■ the NSA.

1 Like

No, it wasn’t three months before his administration did anything. Most of those things I mentioned were done in January or early February.
NOw did he go out there personally and try to make test kits? No…the technicians and scientists are the ones that did it.

2 Likes

The difference is I backed mine up. With all due respect.

Of course they want Trump to act like the dictator they accuse him of being. It’s how they roll.

1 Like